The last year all SEC QB’s were White

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I have done some research, and I hope it is correct. I am curious to see what year you think it was. I'll post my original guess and the answer I have researched tomorrow.

Condredge Holloway became the Tennessee QB in 1972. There has been a black QB in the SEC most years since then. I have never researched this subject, but it is certain that all SEC QB's were white in 1971.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe I should rephrase the question as when was the last year all white QB's started in the SEC.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, it looks like no one will guess, so I'll go ahead and tell you. The year was 1990. That was the last year, according to my research, that all starting SEC quarterbacks were white. From 1991 to 1993, there was a black QB at Kentucky named Pookie Jones, and every year since 93 there has been at least one black QB in the SEC.

Remember, the SEC split into divisions in 1992, after the admission of Arkansas and South Carolina that year. Arkansas had a black QB in 1990 named Quinn Grovey, who is part of their radio broadcast team now. South Carolina had a white QB in 1990 named Bobby Fuller. So if they had been in the SEC in 1990, then we would have to go further back than that. I'll post the 1990 SEC QB's names later on.