Sunday Nov 27

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Mike Alstott, FB Bucs: 3 carries for 8 yards and a TD (5th in last 4 games) plus 2 receptions for 14 yards- he broke at least one tackle on each of them

Joe Jurevicius, WR Seahawks: 8 catches for 137 yards including great catch for 35 yards and a TD in first quarter, he later added another TD

Kevin Curtis, WR Rams: huge overtime catch for 56 yards and a TD! his only catch of a day, too

Todd Heap, TE Ravens: 6 catches for 88 yards including 43 yarder and 17 yarder for TDs, led Ravens

Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants: 10-127 and a touchdown plus a 2 point conversion

Drew Bennett, WR Titans: 5 catches for 52 yards

Tim Dwight, WR Patriots: 2 rushes for 17 yards and 5 catches for 76 yards, led the team

Steve Heiden, TE Browns: 5 catches for 55 yards led Browns in receiving

Christian Fauria, TE Patriots: TD catch

Zach Hilton, TE Saints: 3-33 and a TD

Eric Edwards, TE Cardinals: 1 TD catch

Defense

Brian Urlacher, MLB Bears: 6 tackles

Peter Sirmon, OLB Titans: 6 solo tackles

Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Titans: 4 tackles and 2 sacks, plus a forced fumble

Jordan Carstens, DT Panthers: 2 tackles and a sack

Ben Taylor, MLB Browns, 8 (6 solo) tackles, led Browns

Jared Allen, DE Chiefs: sack

Jason Babin, OLB Texans: 4 tackles and one forced fumble

Tedy Bruschi, LB Patriots: 8 tackles

Aaron Schobel, DE Bills, 5 tackles and a sack plus FF

Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots: 3 tackles

Justin Smith, DE Bengals: 5 solo tackles

Stuart Schweigert, S Raiders: 5 tackles, 1 forced and recovered fumble and an interception

Lofa Tatupu, MLB Seahawks: 11 solo tackles

Grant Wistrom, DE Seahawks: 5 solo tackles, several hurries

Aaron Kampman, DE Packers: 5 solo tackles

Rob Meier, DE JAguars: 2 tacles, sack and recovered fumble

Misc stuff

Kyle Boller does it again
smiley17.gif
he had three fumbles and 2 interceptions and yet managed to throw for 3 TDs... i really don't know what to make of this guy...

Tom Brady had 4 (!) interceptions

Gruden lost a game because instead of going with Alstott on 3rd and 2 in 4th quarter he decided to throw... after incompletion Bryant missed 29 yarder that would have tied the game...

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rams 3rd string QB and a rookie from Harvard had a great first NFL game throwing for 310 yards, completing 19 out of 30 for 3 TDs and 1 int and leading Rams to 4th quarter tie they were down 3-24 at a half and subsequently led them to win in overtime!

UPDATED

Edited by: backrow

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Watching Seattle and Jurevicius is off to a scortching start, you have to see his first TD catch where he just takes the ball away from the defensive back---SWEET!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's right lumsdenpower.Kevin Curtis,a.k.a."white lightning jr"caught the game winning 56 yard bomb.It's a shame they didn't throw to him more.He should go for over 100 yards every game with his speed!With Bruce and Holt now playing more,Curtis is not getting many passes thrown his way.On a sidenote,Joe just caught a 35 yard bomb for Seattle for his 6th td of the year which leads the Seahawks Team.Way to go Joe!

backrow

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Watching Seattle and Jurevicius is off to a scortching start, you have to see his first TD catch where he just takes the ball away from the defensive back---SWEET!

watching it as we speak, great game so far for Joe!

SteveB

Mentor
Curtis' pass wasn't a long bomb, it was a screen pass that he caught behind the line of scrimmage. He broke one tackle then outran everybody to the end zone. He really showed his speed as he looked like he wasn't even running hard, yet he was pulling away from the DBs. Great job Kevin!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great job on the stats, backrow. My game balls go to Joe Jurevicius, who had a tremendous game against his former team the Giants; Kevin Curtis for his great catch and run to win the game for the Rams (I thought Houston had won that game and was shocked tolearn it had gone to OT); and Jeremy Shockey, who was a beast again today with 10/127/1. Shockey now has 713 receiving yards on the season.

The best known Caste System football fun fact is that no white running back has gone over 1,000 yards since Craig James in 1985. However, no white tight end has gone over 1,000 yards since Mark Bavaro in '86. Jason Witten just missed last season. Shockey, who has played hurt the past few games,is now on pace for about 1,050 yards this year. Go Jeremy!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Also today, Byron Leftwich joined McNabb and Culpepper as a likely IR resident when he brokean ankle.

And, affirmative action ESPN hire Michael Irvin -- he of the well known rap sheet -- was busted after drug paraphenalia was found in his vehicle after a traffic stop. Irvin's hiring has always been a joke, given that, much like Shannon Sharpe, the English translation of what he is saying should scroll on the bottom of the screen as he talks. His criminal background just madehis hiringthat much more of an insult to qualified white announcers. That he is still apparently on drugs in spite of the ESPN job he somehow landed speaks volumes about his character -- and ESPN's agenda.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You can tell he's on drugs sometimes by the things he says.He also had lines shaved in his head like MC Hammer for over a decade after everyone else stopped cutting their hair like that.He is stuck in the 80's to 90's.I remember seeing him go to court wearing a fur coat.lol.What a idiot.

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_IRVIN_ARRESTE D?SITE=NYPLA&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTI ME=2005-11-27-23-47-46[/url]

Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after Plano police officers searched his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehab center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his children might find it. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, like a grocery trash bin, and throw the pipe away but forgot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There was a Jimmy Farris sighting on Sunday! Farris had a reception for 18 yards for the Redskins. Joe Gibbs had previously shown his fidelity to the Caste System by royally screwing over John Standeford and Farris, but necessity at wide receiver resulted in Farris being re-signed the other dayand actually playing a bit Sunday. See, that wasn't so tough Joe.

The ESPN Radio overnight guy actually commented that, at some point, NFL announcers should be able to figure out that Kevin Curtis is actually fast. I wasn't able to see the game, but apparently there were some references to him being a "slow, possession receiver." Now, the ESPN guy didn't actually come right out and say anything racial, but it was pretty obvious where he was coming from.

SteveB

Mentor
I am not sure that is accurate about the game announcers. I watched the game and the announcers used adjectives such as "big play receiver", "deep threat", and "speed receiver" when describing Curtis. The Texans sure respected his speed by giving him a 7 yd cushion on the corners with safety help over the top. I don't think I saw them play bump and run on him the entire game.

Just a note, both TV announcers were black. I think it is harder for the white announcers to break their predjudices.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he outran the whole defense, juking his way out of two tackles at the line of scrimmage... great run after catch by Curtis!