Strikeforce: Overeem v. Werdum

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Overeem will definitely lose to Silva. Or Barnett. Or Kharitonov.

I had the fight a draw.

Overeem has no ground game and Werdum was even with him in striking.

hawkeye

Guru
Overeem looked awful. JDS, Brock, Mir, Barnett, Carwin, Cain, Herman, Fedor, and Bigfoot would all have a field day with him. He seemed exhausted after the first round, Werdum was doning well in the standup, I don't know why he chose to do the butt-scoot thing, it cost him the fight.

hawkeye

Guru
It's sad that a great card like UFC 131 has to be followed by the worst MMA card ever.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Maybe this will help to end the hype about Overeem. He is a top 10 heavyweight but not much more. He will certainly not win the tournament.

hawkeye

Guru
I gave reem the first two round for haveing the dominate position, but he was very inactive and not at all impressive.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I thought Bain err Overeem won the first two rounds easily but looked increasingly gassed and vulnerable as the fight went on. I can't see him beating a large heavyweight like Barnett unless he strikes him early with a vicious shot. In the semi-final Barnett looked too skilled for the crude Rodgers, who will probably never be more than a raw dangerous banger type. The fights were disappointing but the last UFC card was just as much for me at least this wasn't on PPV...

chris371

Mentor
Glad to see barnett destroying rogers. Why is brett rogers even on strikeforce? Hes terrible.

Paleocon

Guru
Has Brett Rogers actually thrown a punch since the Fedor fight?

Lately I had noticed some hype building behind Overeem, but that will be hard to maintain after this fight. Mostly Overeem tossed and tripped a guy to the ground who was trying to go there anyway. Werdum should have just hung in there on his feet longer and maybe he would have stole a decision despite not really hurting Overeem.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"Untereem" would have his @$$ handed to him by Fedor, JDS, "Mud Pride"Â￾, Carwin, Barnett & Lesnar.

Deacon

Guru
Overeem wins on intimidation due to his big muscles. He's like an '80s WWF wrestler.

He's the black version of The Warlord.