Rex Grossman injured

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms, how well do you think Kyle would do? He was pretty good in college.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
think the Bears will probably go with Chad Hutchinson. I doubt they will throw their rookie QB to the wolves. Unless they have no choice like last year with Krenzel. The Bears have yet to sign Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones is alright, but I'm not to impressed by the Bears running game. If you want to have a rookie quarterback you atleast need someone to throw to. All they have is Mushin Muhammad, and a line that obviously can't protect a QB.

Kyle has looked extremely well in his first two preseason games. He completes a lot of passes and looks like he has a pretty strong arm. I am not sure why he fell to the 4th round. Edited by: Bear-Arms

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if Orton is given the starting job before the regular season or early on during it, and ends up being one of the rare quarterbacks who does well as a rookie. He has more physical ability than the quarterback he replaced at Purdue, Drew Brees, and he's just as intelligent as Brees, which is saying a lot. As bad as the Bears have been in choosing quarterbacks, they may find they have their starting quarterback for the next 10-15 years.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I'm sure Kyle will be in sometime during the season. After all, the Bears are prone to losing a string of games, and that is bound to happend again. It won't be long before the fans are calling for blood if they lose 3 straight.

I'll see what happens on Friday, he will be playing longer now.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
They signed Jeff Blake
smiley36.gif