rampage vs dan henderson

patriot

Guru
I think Henderson is the better wrestler and the only one of the two who has betten Silva, so I hope for a Henderson victory.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Very excited about this one. MMA is all about matchups and this is a good one for Henderson.

G

paladin said:
ye. I thought Lindland won the Rampage fight.
Hendo has awesome clinch and solid wrestling, he could definately put Rampage in trouble

Did he win it? Is ufc blowing the goat now?

I know pride is tops. No one with any brain cells disputes that.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
voltaire said:
paladin said:
ye. I thought Lindland won the Rampage fight. Hendo has awesome clinch and solid wrestling, he could definately put Rampage in trouble

Did he win it? Is ufc blowing the goat now?

I know pride is tops. No one with any brain cells disputes that.

Did who win what? I thought Lindland beat Rampage, despite Rampage winning the decision.

I'm assuming 'blowing the goat' is a bad thing, although I'm not sure what this means in this context, because at the time of the Lindland / Jackson fight, neither fought for the UFC.

Pride can't be tops any longer. Fedor fights for Bodog, and the UFC has signed Cro Cop, Nog, Shogun, Jackson, and Henderson. That's a serious chunk off the top of the Pride food chain right there (not to mention that the UFC now actually OWNS Pride, so in a sense, all Pride fighters are 'UFC' fighters.
smiley2.gif
)

G

>White Shogun:

>Lindland / Jackson fight, neither fought for the UFC.

They're both in the ufc. You didn't know that? lols. Oh man.

>Pride can't be tops any longer. Fedor fights for Bodog,

Incorrect. Fedor fights for bodog on the side as well as Pride. Some people don't know this. Many people have explained this to other uninformed ilk on youtube.

>and the UFC has signed Cro Cop, Nog, Shogun, Jackson, and Henderson. That's a serious chunk off the top of the Pride food chain right there

Cro-cop lost to pride guys and left. Same with jackson, nog, hendersonand shogun. That's a chunk of thelesser pride guys. Guy's who couldn't beat fedor.

>(not to mention that the UFC now actually OWNS Pride, so in a sense, all Pride fighters are 'UFC' fighters.

Technically that is incorrect as well. Dana bought a small portion but he doesn't have the ruling share.The deal works out so the majority pride owner also gets a share of ufc's %s. As I mentioned before, this has also had to be explained to the plebeians of the mma world. Everyone who is worth their salt knows Pride was and still is the better org. So many ufc guys have lost to pride guys. And many pride guys couldn't be fedor so they went to the weaker ufc.
smiley2.gif

Edited by: voltaire

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
At the time that Lindland fought Jackson, the World Fighting Alliance had not yet been bought out by Zuffa. Therefore, at the time of that fight, neither man was a UFC asset, just like I said in my post.

Lindland is currently a coach in the IFL.

Fedor's contract with Pride has expired. His last fight under his old Pride contract was against Mark Hunt on the New Year's Eve show. Fedor was able to fight for Bodog in Russia because his Pride contract allowed him to fight for other orgs as long as those fights took place in Russia. As far as I know he is not currently under contract, but considering that his last fight was for Bodog, he wants to stay in Russia, and is supposedly only willing at this point to sign contracts for one fight at a time, I'd say he is probably going to be fighting for Bodog.

Cro Cop left Pride as the Open Weight Grand Prix champion. His last loss prior to Gonzaga was in 2005.

Dan Henderson is the current Pride middleweight and light heavyweight champion. He is fighting Jackson for the UFC version of the LHW belt. If he wins, is he a Pride fighter with a UFC belt, or a UFC fighter? Will he have to vacate the UFC belt if he fights in Pride? (NOTE: These are rhetorical questions, no need to respond.)

Are you really saying that Shogun left Pride because he can't beat Pride fighters? Mark Coleman ran him out, huh? As you said, 'lols. Oh man.'

How did Gomi do against Nick Diaz?

I'm not a business major, but what is the meaning of 'all assets?' Who is the majority owner of Pride? As far as I know, the Ferttitas / Zuffa / Dana bought Pride out 100%. If you can point me to sources that say differently, I'd appreciate it (excluding YouTube.)

And finally, what is with the subtle insults? 'Uninformed ilk? Plebians?' Come on, man.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to add that I, too, believed Pride to be the better organization. The pomp and ceremony, the rules, yellow cards, and the fighters definitely made every Pride show an awesome event.

But the truth is, Pride is over. Their last show was sh*t. GARBAGE. It had to be the worst MMA event I have ever watched. And I stayed up until 2 AM to watch it - and that's when it started. The camera work was sloppy, the entrances were half-assed, they had the cameras focused on the announcers when there were fights happening in the ring, it was just a bad production all the way around. I don't know if it was UFC controlled and they wanted Pride to go out on a sour note, if Pride didn't have the funds to make it a great event, or what, but it was Bad with a capital B.

If the UFC will spend some money on it, keep Pride as is, and use it to create a Pride vs UFC 'World MMA Champion' type event, it would be great. But it certainly doesn't seem like that's what the UFC wants to do right now. There aren't even any fights scheduled in 2007 for Pride, and it's already July. That should tell us something.Edited by: White Shogun

dkr77

Guru
I liked both organizations but preferred the way UFC allowed elbows. I don't really buy into the argument that Pride had the better fighters either. I would however agree that Pride had a much deeper heavyweight talent pool before the Fertita's purchased the organization.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What about soccer kicks? I'll take kicks to a downed opponent over elbows, if I had to choose. I hate seeing fights stopped because of cuts.

The yellow card rules were great, too but they can't use them here because of U.S. contract law or something.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WS, I'm a big fan of old-school NHB, so I like elbows, soccer kicks and headbutts.
smiley2.gif
I think allowing everything except maybe eye-attacks and biting makes it as close to a street fight as possible. However, I understand they had to clean it up to "mainstream" the sport.

P.S. - I think Pride used to be heads above the UFC, but the UFC is now/currently tops. I'm just waiting for Fedor to come clean out the UFC HW division!
smiley1.gif