People ARE different

Alpha Male

Mentor
SteveB said:
psychosid, you bring up Kevin Curtis and it would be interesting to see an NFL's Fastest Man contest. I haven't seen one of those in a few years. My bet would be that Kevin Curtis, Brad Pyatt, and Tim Dwight would finish in the top 10 of such a contest.

I remeber a few years ago there was some type of athletic contest between professional athletes (mostly from the NFL). I remember Jason Seahorn winning the whole thing, smoking the other NFL players in a long distance run.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Travis Jervey finished fourth in the NFL's Fastest Man Contest in '97, first among running backs. But it didn't matter, didn't change any stereotypes about whites, didn't help Jervey's career at all. 99 percent of NFL fans always considered him a loser with no potential.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They had another competition called the Firemans Games.
They took around 6-8 nfl football players and had them
do tests of strength,endurance,and speed.Guess who won.
The only white guy in the contest and the smallest guy
there.Tim Dwight killed everyone.He is a amazing athlete!

Kaptain

Master
GWTJ, about the beltline issue. It may be true, but if you can do this study in a bar then surely research scientists can do it too. Everything under the sun is researched these days. If a research came out proclaiming black superiority it wouldn't be kept secret. I haven't really looked for this particular issue (beltline) but if you or anybody can find an actual study please post it. I'm not into taking anyones word for it.

Does a high beltline equate better running backs??? Seems to me I've heard the phrase "low center of gravity" to describe the ability of many short-legged RB's ala Emmitt Smith. I don't see many RB that appear to be long-legged.

KG2422

Mentor
GWTJ, blacks have longer limbs in general. Their longer legs and arms help them release heat better/ get cold easier. Around here, they don't like to play sports when its under seventy degrees. I remember when I was a kid, I would visit my grandmother's house in the ghetto (it used to be an all white neighborhood during segregated times}. I would try to get these kids to come out and play when it was around 65 degrees or so. If there moms let them out, they had vaseline all over their faces. They breathe better when its hot. We breathe better when its cool. They are very different. I've even read in the 92' Brittanica that some of them sweat in pockets and don't sweat evenly over their body ,but I would say nordic types have longer limbs than most whites so that doesn't really fit with warmer climate - longer limbs theory. I'm glad we're different . I wouldn't trade abilities.