Olympic Finals Track Videos

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm becoming a huge fan of youtube.com It's totally free and once you register,you can save as many videos as you want.You can actually watch olympic finals videos going back to the 1920's. I really enjoyed watching Bobby Morrow in 56,Armin Harry in 60,Borzov in 72,and Allan Wells in 1980. They go all the way back to guys like Charlie Paddock.It's a great site.One thing I noticed about Armin Harry is his huge strides.I learned early on in sprinting/sports that stride length is equal & sometimes better than pure speed.Harry has it down to a science.That's one reason that F.Obikwelu caught Yepishin at the Euros this year.His stride length was probably even greater than C.Lewis.Anyways,I hope you guys enjoy checking out some of the greats of the past.Edited by: white lightning

bigman

Guru
never realized how dominant Morrow was, total control of the race.Edited by: bigman

albinosprint

Mentor
i've got a VHS tape called the worlds fastest men and its has every olympic 100m final from the 40s to 88, i've been thinking about transfering it to DVD since its isn't in production anymore. anyone want a copy i think i can make it happen.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sure. I would love a copy.Let me know when you want to do it. Did you ever sprint in high school?I'm just curious.It's great to have all of you guys here at Caste and helping out in the track section.For a long time I was all by myself as far as track goes.

albinosprint

Mentor
I ran 100/200/400 in high school and college. the black kids used to call me Tarzan, because i was a white man in the black mans world. when i would beat them i was accused of doing roids. my senior year of high school i felt more like a boxer then a sprinter. ever weeked end meet turned into a brawl between me a bunch of black kids. good times! i would give my left nut to go back and do it again. anyway, I should get around to doing it in a week or two. when its done i'll post the news.

voice

Guru
AlbinoSprint

Interesting story, I have noticed we have a lot of ex athletes here at Castefootball who excelled at HS level and got screwed/bypassed or went College and had same story. I think it helps us see through the propaganda easier.

It could be the reason some non-athletic white guys buy into it is because they were beaten down by white athletes and they love to get see the brothers beat their childhood enemies. Makes them feel a little bit better about their childhood.

Hey, we are a bunch of quick twitch white guys
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

bigman

Guru
I would be interested in the video to, thank youAlbino.Edited by: bigman

speedster

Mentor
Bobby Morrow was great.I wonder if there were ever any books written about Morrow,it seems like he's been forgotten.That guy Brutal knocks Bobby here and at other sites because he claims that he didn't run against black sprinters which is wrong.Just check back on Bobby's NCAA and AAU wins and you will see he had beaten the top black sprinters of his day.The same goes for Hal Davis who in head-to-head meetings with Barney Ewell was up 3-1.So there Brutal,if you're still around.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He did run in the segregated south, but to qualify for the US team he needed to compete against everyone. I think Brutal has man love for anything black as it is.....
smiley5.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
SPRINT VIDEO UPDATE!

I've got the video onto my computer, but now I need a program for converting mpg files to the DVD. my first try only let you play it on your computer. if anyone knows of a good DVD movie software let me know. I'm really bad when it comes to computers so the simpler the better. I'm planning on getting the software this week and start making discs by this weekend.