of France...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I've noticed in a few recent articles I've seen about Tony Parker, the lead-in is usually, "Tony Parker, of France..."

Yet, I rarely see any articles that say "Tim Duncan, of the Virgin
Islands.." or "Steve Nash, of Canada." Or "Yao Ming, from China..."
well ok the last one is more obvious but the observation remains.

Any ideas on why this is? Why the prominence accorded Parker's lineage
but no others? It isn't like Tony Parker was just drafted and suddenly
became a star overnight. He was in the middle of the controversy when
the Spurs were courting Jason Kidd. He was integral to their
success during last year's play off run, too.

But..... from France? wtf?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When one thinks of European, what comes to mind? The common perception is almost always that of a white person.For most of our historythat was the common perception of an American, too. It wasn't that many years ago that America was widely regarded by Americans and othersas a white country. But massive Third World immigration, non-stop propaganda and 35 years of having the obligatory multicultural mix in every commercial, TV show and movie has dispelled that perception for good.

The same forces want to forcefeed Americans images of black "Frenchmen," "Englishmen," "Germans," etc. Duncan, Yao and Nash aren't given the same treatment because they're of the same lineage as that which predominates in the country they're from. Of course those same forces are bringing in large numbers of non-whites to many European countries, so repeating "Parker the Frenchman" ad nauseumis a no-brainer for one-world, one-race advocates.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Don, America is the melting pot. One of my geography teachers told me about 9 years ago that he thought it was more accurate to refer to it as a salad bowl.