Nick Uruburu

I was looking up high school football players and found this kid. He lacks top end speed but he reminds me of a young Jeremy Wariner. Uruburu is out of Jacksonville, Florida where he recently won the Florida State 3 A High School 400 meters. He ran a 46.7 which is a great time considering he is still 16. If he can get about .4 seconds in his 100 meter speed in the next few years he could be one to watch. He has great endurance though.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was looking up high school football players and found this kid. He lacks top end speed but he reminds me of a young Jeremy Wariner. Uruburu is out of Jacksonville, Florida where he recently won the Florida State 3 A High School 400 meters. He ran a 46.7 which is a great time considering he is still 16. If he can get about .4 seconds in his 100 meter speed in the next few years he could be one to watch. He has great endurance though.
Hahaha I looked this kid up and he has the same build and plays the same position I did 20 plus years ago. One difference he is about 10 seconds faster over the 400 meters than I was.....:icon_grin: His future will probably be as a wide out or a slash type at the next level. Even on a crazy weightlifting/PED routine I can't see him topping out at much above 190.

trackster

Mentor
Definitely a name to remember. The articles say his 46.7 was the sixth fastest in the country this year--but this is year has seen some of the most phenomenal hs 400 times ever. Not too shabby for a junior. I'm glad he's skinny, because it will keep him in track rather than football.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Nick has the 8th fastest 400m time in the country this year - 46.58. He came in 5th at New Balance Outdoor Nationals (HS). He will attend Florida.