Nick Smith

sunshine

Mentor
Thanks WL for all the heads up T+ F info. Always looking for up and coming sprinters. Makes me feel good that there are at least some out there ready to make the next big step.It is a shame that Sports Illustrated has pushed traditional sports like tennis and track and field to the side. Back in the old days athletes like Isinbayeva and Federer would be HUGE sports stars and would grace the cover of SI. Truth is they are huge in a worldwide sense but here in the states a fake 15 year old likeFreddie Adu--he ain't 15 folks--gets all the press. I correctly predicted the drug problem re: sprinters etc back when so my track record on these things is good.These days it seems there is no balance in sports coverage and no historical perspective. Why were the T&F results essentially ignored by the likes of SI?

Keep up the good work WL . I like your spunk.

Nick Smith is another with good potential. Many people forget that one of the reasons whites are ignored is the undisputed fact that they physically mature more slowly than blacks. Many, many black 18 yr. olds are as physically mature as whites in their early 20's. Smith has wonderful potential - and it's interesting that Wells, who was a late starter in the sport, has picked up on the kid's ability. Wells was a tough guy. When the "American" press said he only won the 100 meters at the 1980 Games because of the boycott, he went on a tear for the next year and whipped all the god-like American blacks until the criticism stopped. For a while. After the dust settled and Wells retired, it started up again.

SI? Tool of the establishment. That means they have to promote the agenda. The agenda is promoting non-whites in the interest of the continued erosion of white confidence among other things.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nick Smith will be racing this Sunday,Jan.23rd. He will
race in a 60 meter contest against another scottish
sprinter star by the name of Ian MacKie.It should be a
good race.Nick will then also race the following
weekend against the top British Sprinters.He says he's
in excellent shape and ready to go.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nick won his first indoor race today in England with a
time of 6.66 in the 60 meters.That equals his personal
best time from last year in only his first race.He had
a horrrible start.He was the last one out of the blocks
but ran everyone down before the half way point and won
very easily.With a better start he will be in the 6.5
range.Nick will take on Jason Gardner next weekend in
a huge race against most of Englands best sprinters.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nick Smith looks like a runner from the old days. Non-steroidal.

smith.jpg

sunshine

Mentor
I see Nick Smith placed second in just competed 60 meter race. Interesting athlete we should keep an eye on. Lots of potential. Just a reminder the World Championships are in Helsinki Aug. 6-14.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nick Smith finished 3rd in a race last weekend in England
in a time of 10.34.Not bad for this point in the season.
He does need to get it going into the 10.10 range if
he wants to have any chance at the W.Championships.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know when Nick Smith's next race is?Haven't
heard anything about him recently.I wish him well as he
is a outstanding talent.