NEW HERE

G

I HAVEREAD SOME AROUND IN HERE FOR A WHILE AND LIKE YOUR SITE. IT,S A SAD STORY OF AFFAIRS WHEN RACE PROBLEMS AND PREDJUDICES KEEP MEN DOWN. I CAN SEE HOW THE WHITE MAN IS PUT DOWN A LOT IN FOOTBALL AND IT,S NOT RIGHT TO SEE. I NEVER HEAR CHRIS BERMAN OR ANYONE TALK ABOUT IT. REALLY NOW DON,T YOU THINK THAT SAYS A LOT?? I THINK THEY ALL TRY TO KEEP IT QUIET AND ACT LIKE NOTHING BAD IS GOING ON, BUT THE BLACK MAN ONLY HAS SPORTS BECAUSE HE CAN,T DO A LOT OF OTHER THINGS REALLY GOOD LIKE WHITE MEN, SO THEY LET THE BLACK MAN TAKE OVER SPORTS. THAT,S WHAT I THINK. I PLAY FOOTBALL AND SEE HOW IT IS RUN ON THE COLLEGE LEVEL. LOTS OF THE BLACK GUYS CAN,T PASS THERE CLASSES BUT THEY STILL GET TP PLAY THE GAMES. I DON,T REALLY THINK THE WHITE GUYS COULD GET TREATMENT LIKE SO. THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS I COULD SAY ABOUT IT BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY HELLO. I,L KEEP READING SOME. THANKS.

T13 IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

whiteCB

Master
I'm a liberal left-winger and even I can see the injustices that go on with white athletes.

JohnRocker

For a Perfect example of the double standard, just look at Reggie White.

He insults Mexicans, Orientals and damn near every other ethnic group around, and ends up in the Hall of Fame and treated like a Saint when he dies.

Me? they damn near ran me outta baseball for saying I don't like Gays and crackheads

Yea, that's real color blindness for ya.Edited by: JohnRocker

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard, Travis and John. "John," I really appreciate you taking the time to post considering what a rough day you had at the old ballpark last night:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2049534

smiley4.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Nice, article Don. Did you notice how they always put what he said wrong in these article? I've must of read a dozen articles about him, and they all seem to mention it. People just are hoping that he falls flat on his face. What he said back then wasn't very appropriate, but I don't think it should have to haunt him the rest of his career. I liked the part where he said he wanted to bury the hatchet with NY fans, and thats why he wanted to go there. He probably knew he was gonna take a lot of abuse, boos, and did it anyway. Good for him.

Also welcome to the board since I got a little sided tracked.

smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rocker was basically entrapped by the Sports Illustrated writer. The writer was hanging with Rocker for a few days,if I recall correctly they even went hunting together. John let down his guard and naively said some things to the writer as a friendwould talk to a friend, forgetting that he was nothing morethan an interview subject. What he said actually wasn't that bad, it was little different than conversation at a bar over a couple of drinks, and he didn't say anything derogatory about blacks as a group, but as you stated Bear-Arms,it was turnedinto a millstone around his neck that he has to bear every day of his life. It's never forgive never forget for those who violate the rules of the totalitarian garbage known as "political correctness."

bigunreal

Mentor
To show the double standard that exists today in Don King's America,
right after Rocker made his comments, and was raked over the coals
mercilessly by the media for them, Knicks guard Charlie Ward made
similar comments. No, I would have to say they were even more
"controversial" than Rocker's comments. I don't recall exactly, but
Ward said some very, very nasty things about Jews. Maybe someone else
can recall the specifics, but one thing I do remember is that there was
almost no mention of this "controversy" in the media, and Ward
certainly was never punished for it, nor did he ever have to issue the
apology that Whites always must. Ward was playing in New York, of
all places, so such comments should have caused a real uproar. There is
no question that if he'd been white, Ward's career would have been over
instantly. He would have issued that public apology, and no team would
have ever considered letting him play for them. Of course, we should
only expect this, considering that a black player (Latrell Sprewell)
tried to kill his coach, in front of multiple witnesses, and only
missed half a season.

G

THANKS DON. I SALUTE YOU. I ALWAYS LOVED JOHN ROCKER BECAUSE HE HAS HEART AND CLASS. HE WANTS TO WIN AND ANYONE CAN SEE THAT MUCH. I NEVER THINK HE SAID MUCH THAT BAD BUT IT,S JUST THAT PEOPLE DON,T LIKE TO HEAR THE REAL TRUTH. THE MEDIA AND THE RADIO AND MAGAZINES JUST MADE HIM TO BE THE VILLIN AND THEY DO THAT TO MUCH. AND YEAH I NEVER LIKED REGGIE WHITE MUCH. MY DAD CALLS BLACK GUYS LIKE HIM UNCLE TOM. HE ISN,T HALL OF FAME MATERIAL IF YOU ASK ME. HE RAN HIS MOUTH TO MUCH AND WAS AN ANGRY MAN INSIDE. THAT IS WHY HE HAD A HEART ATTACK. HE WASN,T TO SMART AFTER ALL. HAHA

T13 IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wecome to Caste Football Travis and John. I'm sure ya'll will learn a whole lot on this site just like I have over the last five months.