MLB 2024 Season

icsept

Master
Harper is amazing. He is so clutch and dramatic, putting on a show for the Phillies fans.

Orioles AAA team:

1. Holliday 2B-hitting .355 with a 1.148 OPS
2. Kjerstad OF- hitting .531 with a 1.744 OPS with 6 HR and 25 RBI's in just 7 games
3. Mayo 3B-hitting .394 with a 1.141 OPS
4. Norby OF- hitting .364 with a 1.148 OPS
5. Stowers OF- hitting .343 with a 1.304 OPS

(all 5 are white)

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout starts his evening out with a Triple and a HR. He's now tied for the league lead in HR's (5)!! A double and single from hitting for the cycle.
He passed HOF 3rd baseman Chipper Jones in career WAR yesterday, He will no doubt pass HOF Robin Roberts for 50th place all time tonight.

Warhawk_46

Master
He is off to a nice start to his season. Had the Angles a better supporting cast over the years, I wonder what his RBI numbers could have been? So often his home runs have no one on base when he cracks them, thus limiting his RBI totals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout homers again in his first at-bat tonight. Number six on the year!

Please for once let him play all 162 Games. If he does he will lead the Majors in Homeruns most likely. With all of the records that he is in
contention for over a career the All Time Home Run Leader would be the biggest one I care about. It will make everyone remember him
even 50 years from now. I know it's a real extreme long shot at this point but maybe not if he can just stay healthy for the next 6 plus years. It would be great if he could keep his batting average and rbi's at a high level too. Asking for alot but I can dream can't I?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Please for once let him play all 162 Games.
WL, as much as we would like to see that happen, he will not play all 162 games. I believe the Angels have him for scheduled days off throughout the season to keep him healthy. 142-152 games is more like it barring another catastrophe.
I hope he can play a full season for once. If that means only 150 games and he hit 50+ homeruns, so be it.
Trout said before the season started that he felt the best he has in years. Hopefully it means he can make it through the entire season. Who knows, maybe by missing all those games it might extend his career longer than normal.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
WL, as much as we would like to see that happen, he will not play all 162 games. I believe the Angels have him for scheduled days off throughout the season to keep him healthy. 142-152 games is more like it barring another catastrophe.
I hope he can play a full season for once. If that means only 150 games and he hit 50+ homeruns, so be it.
Trout said before the season started that he felt the best he has in years. Hopefully it means he can make it through the entire season. Who knows, maybe by missing all those games it might extend his career longer than normal.
BTW, Baltimore is calling up MLB's number 1 prospect, Jackson Holliday! After 10 games in AAA the 20 year old should join the team by tomorrow. In 10 games with the Norfolk Tides, Holliday hit .333/.482/.595 with 2 home runs, 9 RBI's, and 5 doubles with 12 walks and only eight strikeouts.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
BTW, Baltimore is calling up MLB's number 1 prospect, Jackson Holliday! After 10 games in AAA the 20 year old should join the team by tomorrow. In 10 games with the Norfolk Tides, Holliday hit .333/.482/.595 with 2 home runs, 9 RBI's, and 5 doubles with 12 walks and only eight strikeouts.
Very much looking forward to it! For those who don’t know, this 20 year old elite prospect is the son of former MLB allstar Matt Holliday. He should be another young star to watch and enjoy. The Orioles are loaded with them….

jphoss

Mentor
Very much looking forward to it! For those who don’t know, this 20 year old elite prospect is the son of former MLB allstar Matt Holliday. He should be another young star to watch and enjoy. The Orioles are loaded with them….
Good for Matt holliday! I still remember how he was robbed of the 2007 mvp when he hit 36 hr and 137 rbi and batted .340/.405/.607, 1.012 OPS in favor of Rollins (who wasn’t even the best player on the phillies that year) when he hit 296/.344/.531, .875 OPS along with 30 hr and 94 rbi

Busch homers in 5th consecutive game to tie Cubs record

Even more elite is the company he’s keeping in the record books. Only four other Cubs hitters have ever hit a homer in five straight games. One, current third baseman Christopher Morel, accomplished the feat last May. The other three -- Sammy Sosa (1998), Ryne Sandberg (1989) and Hack Wilson (1928) -- are among the greatest players in team history.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Busch homers in 5th consecutive game to tie Cubs record

Even more elite is the company he’s keeping in the record books. Only four other Cubs hitters have ever hit a homer in five straight games. One, current third baseman Christopher Morel, accomplished the feat last May. The other three -- Sammy Sosa (1998), Ryne Sandberg (1989) and Hack Wilson (1928) -- are among the greatest players in team history.

He has such a natural swing. All the best players make it look effortless many times. Wow he is having an incredible start to the season!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout hits his league leading HR(8) in the top of the first. Of course no one was on base!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Imagine how high his RBI numbers would be if he had a decent team around him?
It's difficult to imagine where Trout would be in terms of all stats including RBI's. But his RBI totals are not only hurt by the inept players around him, but he hit in the leadoff or second spot early in his career because of his speed. It's safe to say he would have 250-300 more RBI's if he were on a better team and hadn't began his career as a leadoff hitter.
All of his stats would be well past every MLB player in history had he not had so many injuries/Covid etc.
He was well ahead of Ty Cobb's WAR stat pace through the first 6-7 years of his career. He recently broke into the top 50 on the All-Time WAR list the quicker than any other player in history despite missing the equivalent of 3 seasons. It's safe to say he would have as much WAR as Mantle right now if not for the injuries.
That's insane at just 32 years old.
Trout is the GOAT through the first 6-7 years of any MLB player EVER!

Warhawk_46

Master
It's difficult to imagine where Trout would be in terms of all stats including RBI's. But his RBI totals are not only hurt by the inept players around him, but he hit in the leadoff or second spot early in his career because of his speed. It's safe to say he would have 250-300 more RBI's if he were on a better team and hadn't began his career as a leadoff hitter.
All of his stats would be well past every MLB player in history had he not had so many injuries/Covid etc.
He was well ahead of Ty Cobb's WAR stat pace through the first 6-7 years of his career. He recently broke into the top 50 on the All-Time WAR list the quicker than any other player in history despite missing the equivalent of 3 seasons. It's safe to say he would have as much WAR as Mantle right now if not for the injuries.
That's insane at just 32 years old.
Trout is the GOAT through the first 6-7 years of any MLB player EVER!
100% agree. His blistering pace the first half dozen seasons as astounding. He is the best player I have seen play in my lifetime and from all accounts, since Mantle.

His HR and SB numbers are very good this year (8 and 5, respectively). His BA is down, however. I hope he can increase that to .300 as the season progresses.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
100% agree. His blistering pace the first half dozen seasons as astounding. He is the best player I have seen play in my lifetime and from all accounts, since Mantle.

His HR and SN numbers are very good this year (8 and 5, respectively). His BA is down, however. I hope he can increase that to .300 as the season progresses.
I probably say this every year at some point, but he is already in a little funk. Batting around .244 - I don’t recall him ever dipping that low.

Hopefully he snaps out of it soon. No reason he can’t hit .300 for the season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
HR for Trout tonight. Only 1 RBI of course.

He is on fire power wise. It's just hit or miss with his hitting. Hope another homerun helps him to get his confidence back! He doesn't have to swing to hard with as big as he is. Stay healthy and get red hot. Mike Trout is the Face of Baseball in my opinion!