'Missing Largent' False Alarm

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anthropologists, scientists and Caste Football experts excitedly thought a rare "Missing Largent" had been located in Chicago after discovering this startling piece of evidence from Scouts, Inc. of ESPN Insider:

"If Mark Bradley were still healthy, the Bears would have a great opportunity to exploit the room opened up on the opposite side. However, with Bradley out, the Bears are left with Justin Gage as their No. 2 starting wide receiver. Gage has size and has shown flashes of big-play ability, but his lack of top-end speed, quick-twitch athleticism and overall consistency give RDC Shawntae Spencer a good chance to hold up one-on-one in this critical matchup."

However, their initial hopes were quickly dashed as it turns out Gage is the first Negro wide receiver ever described by a media source as lacking both speed and quick-twitch athleticism.

395963.jpg

smiley36.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man Don, I'm glad you made that clarification. I thought he was white! I was really steamed over that, so I'm glad I got back on the board tonight!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just having a little fun with a rare media description of a black football player in terms usually used only forthe"inferior"white players.