and fullback spots for the Steelers.With Staley hurt,and
Bettis getting up in age,he may get some carries at the
running back position.This would be great.He had a
outstanding college career and is a rookie.He is 6 feet
tall and weighs 255lbs.Similar to Bettis so maybe they
will give him a chance.With the way the Steelers run the
ball so much,it might just work out for him if he can
open some eyes that he is more of a running back than a
full back.Here is a link with a picture of him.

http://www.ship.edu/~sid/football/fb042505.html

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to watching the Steelers play the
Eagles tonight.It is too bad that T.O. isn't playing
because I wanted the New Steel Curtain Defense to put
the K.O. on T.O. Ha.ha.The Steelers have 2 white receivers
& a stud rookie tight end in Miller.They also have Kuhn
as mentioned above & Krieder carrying the ball part time
& blocking.With Big Ben back there,they should be a fun
team to watch again just like last year.Go Steelers.

Bart

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
John Kuhn has been working out at both the running back
and fullback spots for the Steelers.With Staley hurt,and
Bettis getting up in age,he may get some carries at the
running back position.

I'd love to see him make the team. Imagine the headlines. ' Steelers have highhopes for Kuhn in the backfield.'

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
What team doesn't??
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I should have known.It is getting late in the 4th quarter
and Kuhn has not had one carry.I should have known that
the days of guys like Rocky Blier are long gone.When will
they give a kid a shot?Oh well,the Caste System rolls on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Although Bill Cowher's mellowed some, he was a fanatical Caste System advocate when he took over the Steelers. Kuhn, Morey and Doering all received only token playing time.

The play of the game was made by a white receiver for the Eagles late in the fourth quarter, Chris Samp. He made a great catch on a pass from rookie QB Andy Hall of Delaware, kept his balance then nearly went all the way. It was a 67 yard play. He apparently wasn't listed on the Philly roster as the announcers said the Eagles didn't even have a #84. I did a web search and he's 6-3 224 lbs.from Winona State. Sounds like yet another receiver with great size and skills who wasn't recruited by a I-A program for the crime of not being black.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I saw that catch also Don Wassall.It was a very acrobatic
catch where he had to turn his body the opposite way at
almost full speed.Some how he managed to keep his balance
& as you said almost scored.It just makes you wonder how
many Bennett,Jones,Farmer,etc. types that we never get to
see play or hear about.The System is so entrenched that
it is almost impossible to break it.I'm excited though
that at least we do have some very good receivers to root
for this season.Bennett,Stokley,Jones & others can help
to break down the stereotypes just a little!We need all
the help we can get.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Samp was signed by Green Bay as a free agent, must have been cut and then signed with Philly. Here's an article on him. He had 78 catches for 1,522 yards and 22 TDs last season, leading Division II Winona State to the playoffs. He is big and fast. He went to a high school in Green Bay, but Mike Sherman has already discarded him.

What a crime what happens to white football players. IfSamp was black with that kind of size/speed combo, big-time programs would have been fighting for the right to give him a scholarship. As it is, we'll most likely never hear anything about him again.

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_20852310.shtml

Trainer

Ok, let me get this straight - Philly has basically no known quantity
to play WR since Pinkston is out and Owens has his own issues and may
not come back.

Lewis is all they really have.

Here's a young guy with size and speed and he is used as merely training camp fodder.

Samp should be given the chance.

It's not like Philly is swimming in quality wideouts at the moment.

Maybe they can sign Danny Farmer after he gets cut by Tampa Bay.

Kaptain

Master
Winona State is my Ala Mater and is only one hour from where I live. I have heard of this guy though word of mouth just by talking to a co-worker about the caste system in football. He mentioned this guy but couldn't remember his name. This site is an awesome resource. The Packer's cutting this hometown boy before giving him a shot really is just a reflection on the stupidity of NFL fans to root for the home team just because they are wearing the correct color of jersey. I'm sure he will be cut soon, or religated to some teams practice squad.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
to mention Kuhn again, he made a nice touchdown catch, but did anyone notice the ABSOLUTE lack of any holes for him to run through? wow! he may not have what it takes to make the NFL, i don't know, but barry sanders couldn't have gained more than six yards with blocking like that.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
The Packer's cutting this hometown boy before giving him a shot really is just a reflection on the stupidity of NFL fans to root for the home team just because they are wearing the correct color of jersey. .

I couldn't agree with you more! Green Bay's fans and press revere the colors of their beloved team--green n' gold and black. The blacker the better.

SteveB

Mentor
As long as Mike Sherman is at Green Bay, don't look for anything to change. He was the OL coach at Texas A&M when I played there in the late 1980's and he is an entrenched caste system member. In 1990, he hyped Richmond Webb, a black A&M tackle, to every media outlet and scout, while ignoring his white OL stars. It worked, Webb was a first round pick, when he was more worthy of going in the second or third round. So much of the hype of OL players is generated by their coaches, since no one ever sees them on the highlight films.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Offensive linemen have been known to be more intelligent than other players. The reason of course, is that most of them are white, but to no ones surprise, there has been a push for more grossly fat blacks to replace them. If this trend continues, watch for the Wunderlic scores to plummet. The Packers will take a chance on a moron as long as he isn't white.

JSonline: Herrion is a complete unknown to most Packers fans, but his rise up Green Bay's depth chart hasn't caught his teammates by surprise.

"I think the surprise player of training camp might be Atlas Herrion," running back Tony Fisher predicted after the June minicamp. NFL scouts had questions about Herrion's intelligence and toughness, didn't invite him to the NFL Combine, then ignored him on draft day, as well.

Herrion spent the first two years of his collegiate career at Dodge City Community College (Kan.) because he failed his SAT test five times. He didn't want to sit out a year, so he chose the junior college route before transferring to Alabama.

KG2422

Mentor
The black lineman I've seen play are lazy. One of our best plays against black defensive lineman in high school was going on 2. Once it worked 3 times in a row.
smiley36.gif
Their offensive lineman false start all of the time as well. At the NFL level, that is the cream of their crop. And they're still not too bright.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can see the old "on 2" routine working in my imagination right now. Funny stuff!
smiley36.gif