Israel v Muslims

JD074

Master
guest301 said:
I love the tax-cuts but if it was up to me we would all be paying a flat tax on a postcard with no need for the unconstitutional IRS. I also would get rid of all the departments which we don't need. Education, Agriculture, HUD, Energy,EPA,ATF, etc...would all be gone if I was in charge. I would return more power to the states and practice fair trade and not Free trade. So I am not as out to lunch as you might think. I also would close down our borders and engage in more racial profiling because we know who our enemies are domestically and internationally.

I agree with most of that, especially about getting rid of all those useless departments and closing down our borders (although I'm more interested in the FairTax than the Flat Tax. Are you sure that the Flat Tax would eliminate the IRS? It's still an income tax.) But it does reinforce what I previously wrote about picking and choosing when to be a conservative and when to be a liberal (or neocon.) Destroying the sovereignty of other nations is not conservative. Having an entangling alliance with Israel is not conservative. Would it be so unfair for me to say that you're a conservative- but only about issues that don't concern Israel? Think about it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
JD074..you made me think with that last question. I'm not going to quibble whether it's fair or not. Maybe it's a fair statement. I do think a national sales tax would be better but harder to implement than a flat tax. I know you and others see contradictions in my point of view, I try to stick to my ideology and principles but when my faith dictates another direction it can certainly appear contradictory. The world is not as simple in my eyes as it is in a purely secular person such as yourself. There are eternal issues that I have to take into consideration, you apparantly don't have that problem. I'm not trying to be smart alecky or anything like that, don't take it that way. I respect you and I have appreciation for most of your views.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Sam Francis wrote a few articles at V-Dare dealing with Neo-Con philosophy. But I found an article written by a freelance writer that's very informative and an easy read for those seeking to familiarize themselves with the differences between Neos and Paleos.

http://etherzone.com/2003/moor092903.shtml

JD074, please look into what the "Fair Tax" really is.

First, let's start with the name: "Fair Tax." Orwell himself couldn't have imagined a more appropriate name for a jackassed programme implemented by the FedGov. Why don't we just call it the "Happy Tax" or the "Fun Tax"!

Truth is, it's anything but fair. Or Constitutional, for that matter. The Fair Tax proposal is a trojan horse.

It's a revenue-neutral proposal. How does that help the individual taxpayer? Are you better off losing your right leg or your left leg? Or would you rather keep both? The Fair Tax system may, in fact, increase the $$$ paid to the FedGov.

The meat of the matter is this: a federal income tax is unconstitutional. Period. If we didn't have a Judaized federal court system that acts as the "muscle" for FedGov, we wouldn't have billions of dollars confiscated at gunpoint and sent to Washington every year. The Fair Tax system is a trojan horse designed to dupe Americans into accepting and incorporating into the Constitution an apparatus that allows for federal tax confiscation.

Do you REALLY think the rate will remain at 17% if it is implemented? No way in heck!

And do you honestly think FedGov will allow for a system of taxation that reduces its total revenue by a single penny? Not a chance.

Fair Tax = Expanded tyrrany. I can't beleive that otherwise intelligent taxpayers have gone from bitching about taxes and government overreach to blindly supporting this bogus "Fart Tax" proposal in a matter of 2 short years.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I think the social security system and the Income tax(IRS) are both frauds perpetrated upon the american people. Social security(from it's beginning)was suppossed to be temporary and if you look at the actual wording voluntary. However, they make life so hard without a SS card, things like getting a job or getting a Drivers liscense, utilities turned on when you move etc...that's it's very difficult to function without one. The Democrats won't even let Pres. Bush's modest proposal to have limited private investment of SS money go into effect.
The income tax is completely unconstitutional. The amendment that made that "legal" was never ratified by a sufficient number of states. The only lugit form of taxation is excise taxes. It seems to me that we have as much of a lugit reason for a revolution today as those at the Boston Tea Party did two centuries ago. In case a federal agent is cruising this site, no I am not advocating a overthrow of the goverment!!

JD074

Master
First of all, SK, all I said was that I was "interested" in it. It's not like I'm going to implement the damn thing. Geez, you make me seem laid back!
smiley36.gif

Southern Knight said:
It's a revenue-neutral proposal.

Absolutely. Any tax proposal has to be revenue neutral; otherwise it'll be ignored entirely. We all know why that is. The politicians are perpetually increasing the size, scope, and power of the federal government.

Southern Knight said:
How does that help the individual taxpayer?

Well, it would be nice if Americans could escape the tyranny of the IRS (if the FairTax were to truly eliminate the IRS, which is the whole idea.) It would also be nice if individuals and businesses didn't have to spend billions of dollars a year complying with the IRS tax code.

Southern Knight said:
The Fair Tax system may, in fact, increase the $$$ paid to the FedGov.

True!

Southern Knight said:
The meat of the matter is this: a federal income tax is unconstitutional.

So do you think there's no difference between an income tax and a sales tax? What about state sales tax, is that also unconstitutional? (I'm not being facetious, by the way. I'm genuinely curious.)

Southern Knight said:
The Fair Tax system is a trojan horse designed to dupe Americans into accepting and incorporating into the Constitution an apparatus that allows for federal tax confiscation.

Don't we already have that in the IRS?

Southern Knight said:
Do you REALLY think the rate will remain at 17% if it is implemented? No way in heck!

Actually, it's 23%. The Flat Tax is 17%, I believe. But you're right, we can't expect politicians to do the right thing and cut federal spending by 75-90%, and reduce our tax burden along with it. Our government will continue to expand.

Southern Knight said:
And do you honestly think FedGov will allow for a system of taxation that reduces its total revenue by a single penny? Not a chance.

No I don't. The FairTax is not about decreasing revenues for the government; like you said, it's revenue neutral. Reducing government spending is a totally separate issue than the FairTax.

Southern Knight said:
Fair Tax = Expanded tyrrany.

If it's combined with the IRS and the other taxes (payroll, SS, capital gains, etc.) I agree 100%. But what if hell were to freeze over and the FairTax actually eliminated the IRS and those other taxes (instead of merely supplementing them)? Would it still be more evil than what we already have?

Edited by: JD074

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
At least with the Fair Tax you can essentially determine how much tax you want to pay, by shopping carefully and getting the most for your dollar. If I don't want to pay any taxes, I don't buy anything. The Fair Tax could bring frugality to a whole new level!
smiley36.gif

JD074

Master
Buy used.
smiley4.gif

BTW Shogun, I tried to send you a message yesterday but I couldn't get through. Something about "maximum limit" or whatever.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the notice, JD, I cleaned out my Inbox. I didn't realize it was full.