G

A predominant theme on this site is
that the NFL is trying to freeze out white players from positions
such as RB and DB. Ridiculous. Does anyone really believe that the
money making machine of the NFL is willing to pass on a player
because he is white? If a white player can help bring a team closer
to the championship then he will be welcomed with open arms and
showered with cash as well. The better player makes the team. This
has been illustrated time and time again.

Is the NFL also trying to freeze out
Asian players? Is that why Tim Chang did not make the Cardinals? Or was it because there were better players on the team?

Edited by: GetOverIt

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
GetOverIt?

Why should you care? If you really thought it was a non-issue you would not even have bothered to register and post. It is obvious that subconsciously you sense that there is some unfairness and since that clashes with your current way of thinking you suffer some cognitive dissonance and lash at out at the source of the truth.

What you should GET OVER is the white self loathing that has been programmed into you, open your eyes and see. Please read more on this site and you will understand.

G

A lie left unchallenged eventually becomes the truth. And why make an attack at me? Why not discuss the issue?</font>

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Why not discuss the issue?

Use the search feature. Browse some threads. Read a few posts.

Then come back and make an argument that hasn't already been made.

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say if its any different than what all the other trolls have had to say.

Got anything to add?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Tim Chang has been mentioned before. Did you even read any threads?

G

If the view is that one race is superior to another then yes.Edited by: GetOverIt

White_Savage

Mentor
GetOverIt said:
&lt;font size="-1"&gt;A lie left unchallenged eventually becomes the truth. And why make an attack at me? Why not discuss the issue?</font>

This site is more or less dedicated to challenging the notion that White people are athletically inferior to blacks, not only on an average basis in certain traits, but completely inferior to all blacks in every area. If you think the idea that "Whites are athletic" is a quickly-spreading, dangerous lie, then you have mental problems Caste Football can't help you with.

Those who attack you probably do so because you come in here once a month with a different nick, attempting to be provactive, and never directly engaging those persons/arguments you CAN'T easily deal with.

But if you actually care to debate instead of engaging in a pissing match, then read on.

Question: If it is impossible for racial stereotyping to effect sport, then why do we hear wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding the lack of black quarterbacks? Following your arguement, the money-making machine that is the NFL would never pass up a talented black for QB. That being the case, how do we explain the dearth of black QBs? How about black coaches, even the kickers and punters if we want to go that far? Are blacks (and I expect you to answer this) inherently less suited to be quarterbacks, coaches, and kickers, on average? Or could other factors apply?

For that matter, if all profit-seeking organizations are pure meritocracies, interested in nothing but an individual's productivity and the bottom line, then what do you make of charges and actual cases of discrimination historically found in the business world? Is a major company less "profit-driven" than the NFL, less dependent on the productivity of it's employees?

I believe I have pretty much proven that factors other than ability can influence personelle choice in ANY business. I expect your next argument will be an assertion that White people cannot ever be victims of racial discrimination, but as I have typed as much as I care to at this point, I will dutifully await your posting said argument before I give my rebuttal.
smiley4.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
GetOverIt said:
If the view is that one race is superior to another then yes.

Well, the de-facto view of our popular culture is that blacks are physically and otherwise superior to whites in every way, and at least mentally and morally equal, and woe to the person who suggests otherwise.

If this be so, then blacks are indeed inarguably a superior race, unless we wish to define the world "superior" in a way that has no meaning.

Therefore, by all rights, you should be courageously taking on those in media who promote this notion of black supremacy, which is surely more widespread and dangerous than the notion "Hey, Whites can be good at sports too!".

Instead you spend your time posting to this site. What is your explanation for this?

GetOverIt said:
&lt;font size="-1"&gt;A lie left unchallenged eventually becomes the truth. And why make an attack at me? Why not discuss the issue?</font>

You answered your own question. The lie that white players (or non-black athletes in general) cannot compete at running back or defensive back has been unchallenged for so long that it has become the "truth" of the NFL. And, when you look at what some of the powers that be have to say about white running backs, it's not hard to see why:

-Matt Millen, GM of the Detroit Lions, called a white running back something from the "Land of Misfit Toys."

-Lovie Smith, head coach of the Chicago Bears, said that he mistook Brock Forsey, the only white running back in the league last year, for a "team manager."

-Bobby Bowden, head coach of the Florida St. Seminoles, burst out laughing when asked by reporters about the possibility of a white running back.

And THESE are things that were stated for public consumption! Imagine what's said behind closed doors.

Now, I don't believe there's a grand conspiracy to keep whites out of these positions -- I simply believe that years of this kind of thinking, from the top down, have led to an environment where the powers that be, the fans, and even the players themselves, have been conditioned to believe that whites need not apply for certain positions. They believe -- consciously or subconsciously -- that white skill position players are less likely to help them win. And coaches, GMs, and owners are under tremendous pressure to win. With their livelihood on the line, do you think they're going to take a chance on a "social experiment" like Brock Forsey, Luke Staley, Chance Kretschmer, Kevin McDougal, or Jesse Lumsden? Coaches and GMs in any sport always love to go with the "proven commodity" -- the safe bet. The safe bet means that they're more likely to succeed, which means they have a better chance of keeping their job. A white guy hasn't run for 1,000 yards in the NFL in 20 years (of course, that's also because a white guy hasn't been given a CHANCE to rush for 1,000 yards in 20 years!)! Why on earth would a coach take a chance on an unproven commodity? He wants to keep his job, so of course he's going to go with the "proven commodity" -- a black running back.

Think about it in terms of a regular job, and not in terms of a "grand conspiracy" by the NFL. Imagine if you said to your boss, "Look, I know that our current system has worked out pretty well for 20 years, but I'm going to try something a little different and see if it works." He would think you were crazy! Why would you try to change something that, in your boss' eyes, has worked perfectly well for 20 years? That's exactly where the NFL is at, and that's why we haven't seen a white running back of significance in 20 years.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You nailed it.There is so much money involved that most of these guys are scared to lose their jobs if they ever took a chance on one of these kids.It just won't happen.Some one needs to have some guts and go after a kid and see what happens.We need a coach/owner similar to a Mark Cuban who took a huge chance on Nowitzki being a star and it paid off.Go against the norm.

White_Savage

Mentor
StaleyWasScrewd said:
Now, I don't believe there's a grand conspiracy to keep whites out of these positions -- I simply believe that years of this kind of thinking, from the top down, have led to an environment where the powers that be, the fans, and even the players themselves, have been conditioned to believe that whites need not apply for certain positions. They believe -- consciously or subconsciously -- that white skill position players are less likely to help them win. And coaches, GMs, and owners are under tremendous pressure to win. With their livelihood on the line, do you think they're going to take a chance on a "social experiment" like Brock Forsey, Luke Staley, Chance Kretschmer, Kevin McDougal, or Jesse Lumsden? Coaches and GMs in any sport always love to go with the "proven commodity" -- the safe bet. The safe bet means that they're more likely to succeed, which means they have a better chance of keeping their job. A white guy hasn't run for 1,000 yards in the NFL in 20 years (of course, that's also because a white guy hasn't been given a CHANCE to rush for 1,000 yards in 20 years!)! Why on earth would a coach take a chance on an unproven commodity? He wants to keep his job, so of course he's going to go with the "proven commodity" -- a black running back.

Well, yes and no. Indeed the idea of some New World Orderly sitting in his office and choosing the roster for NFL teams is highly unlikely. However, those who have great influences in politics, media, and academia can be squarely nailed for shaping negative societal attitudes toward Whites, deliberately, with malice of forethought. And this trickles down to such seeming-trivialities as sport eventually.

The assumption that our society goes in wrong directions because the ones steering it are "stupid" is an easy one to make, but ultimately illogical and disprovable. It is rather being done deliberately by men who are among the smartest. To the unwashed masses, who have been carefully trained in exactly what to think, this is paranoia, but to someone who is reasonably intelligent and can think strategically, it should be apparent.Edited by: White_Savage

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
A coach loses with black guys, its the norm. Who can blame him if he loses with the best black talent available?

But let him choose to take a chance on a WHITE player, and lose - all hell would break loose for him, his staff, and the team in general.

I mean, after all, if he had only played that third string BLACK running back instead of the Doak Walker award winning White RB, who knows what would have happened??

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I see two trolls signed on today. GetOverIt? Another one lacking the attention span to even familiarize himself with the site before beginning his sameoldsameold. Bye bye.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I mean, after all, if he had only played that third string BLACK running back instead of the Doak Walker award winning White RB, who knows what would have happened??

We know what happened. The Lions have been the worst franchise in the NFL since then. Only now do they have a serviceable running back.

White_Savage

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
I see two trolls signed on today.  GetOverIt?  Another one lacking the attention span to even familiarize himself with the site before beginning his sameoldsameold.  Bye bye.

Not another, the same one almost certainly. It's just as well Don...he couldn't/wouldn't have answered my objections anyway.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
It's just as well Don...he couldn't/wouldn't have answered my objections anyway.

Well you nailed it with the issue of black QB's. If the system is so eager to use players based on merit why is there any reason to question how many black QB's there are? And the same for coaches. I'm sure you confused him with the analogy since racism is only seen as one-way street by most people and he would agree that yes in the case of blacks it is racism but in the case of whites it is purely based on skill.

Alpha Male

Mentor
There's also the psychological aspect of it too. Group effect, or
otherwise known as herd mentality is responisble for the general
make up of NFL teams. All the coaches have mimicked each other
for 20 years and no one is afraid to go against the group.

White_Savage

Mentor
To our putative troll:

Changed my mind.

If Don allows, I wouldn't mind getting a real, logical answer out of you regarding the color of QB issue I mentioned, or why you're not fighting Black supremacism in the media. With the proviso of course that the moderator's axe will fall anytime you fail to keep a civil tongue in your head or deliberately obfuscate and stray from topic.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Savage, Isee I should have let him continue because there were great responses to him, as there always is to the trolls, but he did get banned earlier.