Interesting discussion

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a very interesting discussion from a Miami Hurricanesfan board about the recruitment of white football players by the school's program. A moderator and his supporters come right out against the recruiting and playing of white RBs under any circumstances, while others -- at least one of whom is a reader ofCaste Football and links toour site -- argue back intelligently and quite convincingly. The back and forth is far above the norm on this issue that I've found on boards, wherethe time honored tactic of the real racists is to instantly cry racism to deflect honest criticismof their motives and agenda, whichoften stifles opposition, or else the general level of awareness is just too low to allow for intelligent back and forth.

There was three pages when I just now read it, there could be more when you do. Just don't stop at the bottom of the first page because it gets better. Check it out:

http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/forum/tm.asp?m=128463&p= 1&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language =Edited by: Don Wassall

Kaptain

Master
That was a great link Don. Just shows you how many people will ignore the facts and stick to their stereotypes regardless.

GWTJ

Mentor
A very frustrating thread to read. I'm not surprised the biggest supporter of black running backs was a white guy.

hedgehog

Mentor
This discussion is still going on, it is very interesting. I don't think the moderator anticipated being clobbered with all the facts and evidence. The people pleading our case are doing a good job.It sure shows what we are up against. Its good to see these discussions on other boards and people loaded with the facts out there proving our point.

Bronk

Mentor
Superb arguments and marshalling of the facts by JP. Kudos to him and thank you, Don, for alerting us to this.