German Youth Sprinter Watch List

white lightning

Hall of Famer
These are the guys that we need to keep a close eye on in the future at the moment in Germany. All four of these
fine young german sprinters are very talented and my have the potential to become world class in the coming years!

1 Patrick Domogala Born in 1993

2 Robert Polkowski Born in 1994

3 Bastian ****r Born in 1994

4 Simon Schutz Born in 1996

All four of these guys have great talent. Simon Schutz might just be the best of the bunch because of his age but they all are still in their
teens to 20 at the oldest. All three run descent times in the 60, 100 and 200 meters. Hopefully they will get the proper coaching
also get a good strength coach along with a dietician. I thought we could keep track of their progression here. I'm hoping that these
young sprinters can take it to a higher level than guys like Unger, Ernst, Blum and others have.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Patrick Domagala of Germany ran a new p.b. today. His victory came in a time of 6.71 which is only 6/100ths of a second of the standard for the Euro Indoor Champs. He says that he is just getting started and hopefully the times will continue to drop rapidly. This is a great base to move forward from. His step up into the senior level is off to a great start!

trackster

Mentor
Anyone have any results from Simon Schultz this year? I don't have the knack for finding German results.

lactatking

Guru
Simon Schütz (Schuetz)

He ran 6,89 Sec (12.01.13) in a semi-final. In the final he pulled a muscle.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i love how Polish immigrants make for like a half of young white athletes in Germany!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes it was a brilliant start indeed. I really believe that this kid has a good chance to become one of the stars of German Sprinting. Ever since he medaled at the World Junior Champs many years ago, I saw his incredible talent. Injuries more than anything have slowed down his career but luckily at 24 he still has time to make his mark in the record books. He has always been a good starter but he continues to improve going from a 6.59 last year to a 6.56 this season so far! The fact that he is a good 200 man also shows that he has the speed endurance to make an assault on a possible sub 10 this summer or next. I sure hope he gets there as the country loves the kid. He like Lemaitre could have a very nice effect on inspiring many future young sprinters in Germany.

I also wanted to post a video of the title by Maximillian Kessler. I talk about Patrick Domogala alot as I should but Kessler is probably just as good. He was a football player up until two years ago and quit due to injuries. His grandfasther convinced him to switch to the sprints despite his age and the rest is history. He won the 200 indoor title today leading the whole race and actually pulled away from Domogala down the home stretch! Very impressive indeed. He dedicated todays medal to his grandfather who died last year. This kid has very nice talent and still has many things to work on so I expect him to continue to imporve. Conrgarts to Maximillian Kessler on his first title! Here is the video guys.

http://www.leichtathletik.tv/v/maximilian-kessler-mit-jahresbestzeit

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those of you who are interested, I figured I would post the all time German Records in Athletcis. Frank Emmelman was a really great sprinter and his 100 record still stands many decades later. He also held the 200 record for many, many years but is now 2nd on the list. Julien Reus is now 2nd on the all time 100 list for the men and I think he has a chance to break Emmelmans Record. The womens list is loaded with so much talent. The times are incredible because back in those days the former East Germany ran their teams like the americans and jamaicans still do to this day along with many other countries. Anyways, here is the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_in_Germany#100_metres