George Carlin on The System

Bart

Hall of Famer
I'm too irritated to post in the football threads, so I'll comment on Carlin's routine. Yes, its true, we don't really have much of a choice about matters. Our leaders are bought and paid for and we are ffor the most part dumbed down zombies. I would think most of the common folk of America would filnd themselves n agreement with George, but for different reasons. People will interpret his spiel through their own belief systems. In other words he could speak before any number groups and each one will think he's talking on their behalf.

A leftie commie will applaude him for bashing big business and corporations. Feminists will think he's talking about the rotten world system run by greedy bastard white men. He could give the same speech before a group of black nationalists or La Raza members and all would be telling him to preach it brrother. He could adresssomeof White Nationalist groups and they'd cheer him wildly. ( Well, if he cut out the eff words.)

To say everybody is bought off and so forth really means nothing. All my life I've heard that rich people and big business are the true rulers of the world. Whoopee doo. Fine.So who is he talking about? If he was more specific and and named names and groups he would immediately alienate all the other segments of his audience that realized he wasn't really advocating for their select group.

You know of course who I had in mind, but I don't think George would be sympathetic based on what he's said over the years. He could be speaking of reptilian shape shifters or Republicans or Skull and bones or the CFR or whatever.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I'm too wired to sleep so I watched the Carlin video again. I have to admit it's pretty darn good. I'm positive thatseveral timesover the last few years after having had a bit too much of the bubbly, I gave speeches exactly like that to my wife, bothers, in-laws, friends, neighbors, dogs, cornstalks, trees...

I had to laugh when Carlin mentioned quiet obedient workers. That is what they thought they were getting when they imported all those Mexicans. They thought Pablo was some quiet guy who would just come to work and not complain about his low pay and horrible working condictions. On March 10, 2006, on those nationwide demostartions of power, they realized that Pablo is much more militant than an American would every be.

Suggestion to greedy American capitalists everywhere: Hire Americans, the real passive workers.

LabMan

Mentor
Bart,good post! I pretty much give speeches just as you do,will consider cornstalks!

Because of speeches most of my family has "glazed eye syndrome"!The only one left with clear eyes is my dog!

Kaptain

Master
Strangely, the only part that he stumbled over his words was when he mentioned the media. Then he did mention them several times. Perhaps he knew he had to be careful as we all know who runs the media - even most uniformed people can figure that out.

hedgehog

Mentor
You want to make the people who "own" America nervous?

1) Don't live paycheck to paycheck.

2) Max out your 401K and dont invest the proceeds into their "rigged" and "managed" stock market.

3)Invest in Gold, Silver and Winchester blue.

(#3 is my favorite) the powers that be with the ability to print money currently are fighting number 3 with all they have.