finneran: from 100 yards to 0 yards

G

did anybody watch the falcons game? did they even throw at finneran?

unless he dropped all his passes, the discrimination is plain and obvious.Edited by: jody

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's not discrimination; just look at the passing ability of who played for the Falcons last week vs. who started today. Atlanta had a real quarterback playing last week.

The Atlanta newspaper noted that 76% of Finneran's catches during his
career have resulted in first-downs. What this tells me is that
the caste-masters will use a White-boy when they need him, but would
prefer not to "pad" his stats by throwing to him on first-down.
This may be a bit cynical, but --- c'mon --- I have seen many of these
games, and they go him primarily on third-down.

And wouldn't this statistic also suggest that Finneran has a solid
yards-per-catch average? In other words, Finneran
might have an ability to "stretch the field," something that the
ESPNitwits think only blacks can do.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know one thing, them not playing him killed my fantasy team this week. I should have started Ricky Proehl instead. I might would have had a chance to win the game if I had. It is a shame that they just take away offensive production like that simply because he is white.

Spooge

Guru
Not suprised. The Seahawks made sure Jurevicius did not get half
the passes tossed to him last night as he did last week.. Seahawk
running game was on fire though. Urban got a ball or two.

KG2422

Mentor
Have you guys ever heard of a black receiver being called a "possession" receiver? I never have even when they are very slow. I 've never heard a white receiver called a "deep threat" no matter what their yards per catch was either. On a side note, I've never met a black guy named jody.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Jerry Rice, Troy Brown, and Keenan McCardell. Its not that blacks are always considered fast, but whites are considered slow. I think it is easier for a white that is slow and get open a lot to play, than a fast white that uses athletic ability because of stereotypes.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jerry Rice, possession receiver?

When and where did you hear or read that?

I have heard Jerry Rice and Tim Brown both described as possession recievers by announcers and pre-game commentators several times during the 2-3 years they both played for the Oakland Faders. (of course I was living in San Francisco at the time and had alot more exposure to that team then an average viewer would)

The reason stated for this was that both were old and slow now and then they would go on and describe the 3rd WR Porter as being the Deep Threat who stretched the field.

It is so rare to hear comments like that though that when one does hear it it really sticks out there!