Exaggerated death tolls in NO

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What do you think of the recent news reports that the claims of rape and murder in the Superdome and Convention Center were greatly exaggerated?

Rush Limbaugh said the nefarious purpose behind such exaggerations were to make worse the case against Prez Bush and the slow response of FEMA to Hurricane Katrina. Other news reports I have read have offered similar explanations.

I am waiting for the word to start circulating that the stories of such atrocities were started by racist white people bent on making black people look like thugs and animals.

I had noticed the drop off in reports of coverage on the mayhem in New Orleans within a couple of days of the hurricane. I could possibly be persuaded that there was some exaggeration of events, as eyewitness testimony is the worst and least reliable. However, I seriously doubt that all such stories were exaggerations, and in all liklihood, the severity and magnitude of what occured in New Orleans is going to be glossed over and swept under the rug to avoid making the poor black population look like complete and brutal savages.Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms, most of the stories concerning criminal behavior of the New Orleans residents came from over seas sources reporting what returning tourists had to say. I wouldbelieve them over our media any day. Our sources cannot be trusted when it comes to reporting criminal activity inflicted on whites from blacks.

Do you remember Rodney King? How could we forget? Every day over and over and over we saw video's and read of the situation. But when a white is victimized by blacks the media barely toucheson it or buries the story. There are countless examples. Remember the black woman who drove her car hitting a white man in a crosswalk.? Instead of calling for help, she drove home and let him languish on her hood while bleeding to death after crashing through the windshield. He pleaded with her to get help but she ignored him. She managed to get her black friends to dispose of the body and get rid of the bloody seats after partyingwith them.I only heard of it because of the internet. If it had been a white man killing the black woman we would be hearing of it still.

Sam Francis wrote an article about the Wichita Massacre. To this day most people haven't heard of it.

http://www.vdare.com/francis/wichita_trial.htm

That's what makes some peopleâ€â€￾those few who know about the crime at allâ€â€￾angry. When a white commits murder against a black, it's national headlines. When sexually "straight" males kill a "gay" man, that's national headlines too. But when two blacks force their way into an apartment, rape two white women and take them and their three white male friends out and murder them in cold blood, it's not even worth a national news story.

The crime took place on the night of Dec. 14, 2000, when the suspects, two black brothers named Jonathan and Reginald Carr, allegedly got inside an apartment where five young white people were staying. Armed with handguns, the intruders forced the whites to undress and locked the men in a closet. The two women the intruders forced to have oral sex with each other; some of the white men were then forced to have sex with the women, and the intruders themselves raped the women.

They also forced two of the victims to go to an ATM and withdraw money for them.

Finally, after ransacking the apartment for more money, they forced the victims, all naked in freezing weather, into a car, drove them to an empty field and shot each of them in the head.

Four died at once; the fifth, a woman, survived. She's the main source for what happened.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart, you addressed Bear-Arms with your post. Did he post and delete or were you addressing me? I felt that my comments were inline with yours. I think we're in agreement, you and I, on the media "blackout" of what really happened in New Orleans.

Like I said, I'll allow for a little exaggeration, but not everything. As the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun, I'm in agreement with you but don't know what the heck happened. As I was writing the post I couldn't get the preview feature to work correctly, then the screen became distorted and I couldn't get anything to work. So, I scratched and wrote a new one. Then my browser couldn't bring up the site. Now, I can't recall if BA had a post between ours or I just made a mistake. Are you there Bear -Arms?

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid =104698[/url]

A Holliston woman and her Ashland friend are outraged officials are saying reports of atrocities after Hurricane Katrina were exaggerated, claiming they witnessed a deadly fight at the Superdome.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<T>
<TR>
<TD height=8><SPACER ="block" height="8" width="8"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>Adrienne Long of Holliston said she was ringside when two men wrangled over the last sip of Jack Daniel's whiskey and one beat and stabbed the other to death. Her friend William ``Teddy'' Nichols of Ashland was nearby and saw the bloody aftermath. Long was angry when she first heard of the exaggeration reports on television Tuesday.

<T>
<TR>
<TD height=8><SPACER ="block" height="8" width="8"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>``I was sitting here screaming at the TV. Did I imagine everything I saw?'' said Long. ``I just can't believe people would say this.''

<T>
<TR>
<TD height=8><SPACER ="block" height="8" width="8"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>Both say they are reluctant to contact authorities with information. They are both terrified by memories of what they said was a lawless city.

<T>
<TR>
<TD height=8><SPACER ="block" height="8" width="8"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>