ESPN monday night countdown

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
did anyone else catch the fantasy breakdown on ESPN before the Jaguars-Falcons game? they had an 8-man league fantasy draft, and it was unreal! they picked four rounds before i quit watching, because i was about to lose my mind.

they drafted a ton of receivers, guys like donald driver,reggie wayne, and hines ward, and Drew Bennett was still on the board. for all i know, he's still there! what does a white guy have to do to get some respect at a skill position? he finished 8th in the league last year in both receiveing yards and touchdowns, but he's not good enough to be on their fantasy teams? gimme a break!
smiley7.gif
the caste has struck again.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett's average fantasy ranking among wide receivers going into this season is around 20th, even after he nearly led the AFC in receiving last year. I emailed one guy who runs a subscription-only fantasy site who ranks the players at each position and also gives some a "D" if he thinks they have downside and "U" if they have possible upside. Bennett was ranked 18th with a "D" but no "U."

I politely asked him how Bennett could have no possible upside for the '05 season after tearing it up the second half of '04. Drew and Muhsin Muhammad were easily the two best fantasy receivers during that stretch.

He replied that Bennett had never been a number one receiver before as the Titans had Derrick Mason until now, thus he was still unproven. I replied that the loss of Mason meant there were 90+ receptions to be made up, did he think Tyrone Calico was going to get all of them? He of course couldn't see it that way. I'm sure most fantasy "experts" already feel they are being generous giving Bennett top 20 recognition at all.

My apologies to anyone who finds entertainment in fantasy football, but
in my humble opinion FF is for self-hating jock-sniffers and closet
homosexuals, because it is about the idolization of the players
themselves, wholly outside of any team concept or out of an
appreciation for the sport itself. And before you disagree with
my comment, just think about how many times you hear guys saying
"So-And-So is a complete STUD!" Men don't talk that way.
Ever. And real men don't play fantasy football.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
My apologies to anyone who finds entertainment in fantasy football, but in my humble opinion FF is for self-hating jock-sniffers and closet homosexuals, because it is about the idolization of the players themselves, wholly outside of any team concept or out of an appreciation for the sport itself. And before you disagree with my comment, just think about how many times you hear guys saying "So-And-So is a complete STUD!" Men don't talk that way. Ever. And real men don't play fantasy football.

Damn dude! You just insulted about half the men who post on this site!! Its like you threw a verbal grenade into a crowded room - AND you took out our host with one of them, too!

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Footballin a senseis filled with homosexual imagery and terminology. In what other situation is it the norm, or acceptable at all, for men to be patting each other on the butt?

Yetfootball isstill a very heterosexual sport and environment. There have been what, two or three acknowledged homo players in NFL history, and no one wants them in the locker room. Football and sports are the least hospitable institution to homosexuals left in the U.S. You've got cheerleaders and all kinds of social bonding surrounding the sport, including "guy stuff" like fantasy football. Football is also a great way to get girls, either by playing it, or by taking dates to games.

Fantasy football is like anything else in this society -- if you're aware of what's going on and how things work it's a harmless diversion, not a homosexual recruiting ground.
smiley36.gif
Even racially aware whites need hobbies, in fact probably a lot more than the mindless drones in this society who absorb everything without ever questioning it.

Kaptain

Master
Southern Knight, you also have to consider that rooting for a team based solely on the color of their uniform and logo stuck on the helmet is much more lame than rooting for players that you have picked yourself in fantasy football. Their is little team concept left to appreciate in the NFL along with few players to appreciate. I'm from Minnesota but can't root for Vikings because 95% of them bare no resembelance to real Viking descendants. Gotta go - on my way to a fantasy draft full of hetero-sexual jock sniffers. I'll let you all know how late I drafted Bennett and Stokely. Edited by: Kaptain Poop