Danny Farmer Sighting!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Danny Farmer is trying to make the Miami Dolphins.He
played tonight in garbage time and had 2 catches for
28 yards.It is so sad to see him fighting to make a team
as a 4th or 5th receiver when he should be starting.This
kid has gotten screwed as bad as anyone.I see Drew Bennett
Potential in Farmer but no one will give him half a chance.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking how sad and pathetic it is too. The good news is that Farmer signed with a team. The bad news is that the Dolphins will most likely become the fourth NFL team to screw a guy with All-Pro talent.

IceSpeed2

Guru
He could get released to make room for Ricky Williams. Farmer
just never got a chance to play. He did not even get a
scholorship to USC. He was recruited for volleyball. He
reminds me of Wayne Chrebet, but faster.

Trainer

Yea, I'm rooting for D. Farmer to make the Dolphins this year.

Not sure how many WRs' Saban will keep.

There is kind of a logjam at this position and Miami will focus on running since there QB position is precarious at best.

Chris Chambers (not living up to his potential yet) and Marty Booker
(overrated imo, more of a position WR anyway) are the starters om paper.

Steroid freak David Boston (often injured with bad knees and has had a
couple of legal problems) is expected to contribute this year by local
media and fans. He missed all of last year.

He had a decent outing on Monday night.

But my $$ says he gets injured sometime in the next 2 months.

Then there are a few young guys - this Gilmore guy had a few good
catches and a TD. They think he has some upside. a few other young
guys, including Danny Farmer.

Farmer has Drew Bennett talent and could start if given a chance and a bit of seasoning.

Yes, but this is why this site exists. The Caste system is reality for
many white athletes, especially football and basketball players.

I hope Farmer makes the final team. I'm rooting for David Boston to get injured again or to get in another roid rage.

Dolphins needs more white players on that team.

He's gonna have to make a few plays when he gets time in preseason and it will depend on how many WRs' Saban wants to keep.

what's the usual number for a team? 5, 6?

Come on Danny Farmer
smiley32.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Its amazing how guys like Brock Forsey and Danny Farmer don't get scholarship offers when they are really NFL talents. Imagine how many high school athletes like them decide not to walk on after receiving no interest.
Also, any word on how bad Edie Berlin's injury was? Do you guys think he could excel if he were given the right opportunity?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what about Drew Bennett? he was a walk-on, as well. but Danny Farmer is far from the greatest player to be reduced to a marginal existence in the NFL. a couple of recent examples that jump off the board at the receiver position would be Trevor Insley and Sean Morey.

Insley is still the NCAA's all-time receiving yardage leader, bothfor a career and a season after his tenure at Nevada, as far as i know. but he hardly got a smell in the N(o) F(air-complexioned-guys) League. He even played formy belovedColts (who do a better job than most looking at white skill guys), but still didn't pass muster for whatever reason.

then there's Morey. yet another of the many special team demons who for some reason can only make plays when a kicker is on the field. give me a break! he was so physically gifted that the Patriots tried him as a corner- that's right cornerback!- in NFL Europe a couple of years ago, where he did a fantastic job despite never playing defensive back before in his life. But despite showcasing his skills, somehow when he crossed back over the pond he was no longer athletic enough and went back to receiver. and then it happened again the following year! jeez! he followed that up by being the special teams MVP for the Eagles before they cut him, and now he's scratching for a gig with the Steelers. he's been royally screwed.

iwould say David Kircus up in Detroit is the most recent example of a truly gifted receiver not ever getting a real shot. he broke all of Jerry Rice's Division II records, but for some reason he has been relegated to benchwarmer status thus far in his career. he had just three catches last year, but one of them was an ESPN top play when he took the ball from a black d.b. and went 50 yards to the house. what does it take for a guy to catch a break?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great examples J.Chitwood.I totally agree.I rememeber
watching Insley play and he was a star.Kircus is another
stud who has been screwed.They called him "Circus Kircus"
in college because of his acrobatic catches.It is a shame
about Morey too.The treatment of all of these guys is
total b.s. Look at running backs like Kretschmer,Staley,
Burks,Brinker,RJ Blowers,B.Shay,and others.None of them
get a chance.They are not wanted because of the color of
their skin.According to the nfl,not enough melanin.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the board, Jimmy Chitwood. Unfortunately, the list of screwed-over white receivers is very long and always getting longer.

Here's another one I can think of off the top of my head out of so many who can be mentioned -- Curtis Marsh. He was a stud for Utah, 6-3, great speed and hands. He bounced around in the NFL from team to team for years, always excelling in pre-season games but always getting cut. He kicked around for about half a dozen years, and ended his NFL career with exactly 9 catches.

Edited by: Don Wassall

surfsider

Guru
This is going way back but it was important to me because it made the scales fall from my eyes. Anyone remember Chas Fox from Furman? He was drafted by the Chiefs in '86 and was having a great pre-season returning kicks and at wide receiver. Of course, when the season opener rolled around he was gone. Got picked up by St. Louis and returned all of 6 kick-offs averaging 26.8 per and then was let go and career was over.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy Chitwood said:
then there's Morey. yet another of the many special team demons who for some reason can only make plays when a kicker is on the field. give me a break! he was so physically gifted that the Patriots tried him as a corner- that's right cornerback!- in NFL Europe a couple of years ago, where he did a fantastic job despite never playing defensive back before in his life. But despite showcasing his skills, somehow when he crossed back over the pond he was no longer athletic enough and went back to receiver. and then it happened again the following year! jeez! he followed that up by being the special teams MVP for the Eagles before they cut him, and now he's scratching for a gig with the Steelers. he's been royally screwed.

I agree completely. Morey could be an excellent NFL receiver. TheMonday Nightgame tonight between the Eagles and Steelers will feature two teams with problems at receiver. Todd Pinkston is out for the year, and of course Terrell Owens won't be present. The Steelers are hurting with Hines Ward holding out and Randel-El banged up. Bill Cowher may be "forced" to give Morey significant playing time in this game. Hopefully he'll get it and take advantage.

The Steelers also recently re-signed Chris Doering. This site has written extensively of how this SEC record-setter was royally screwed over by the NFL. Unfortunately he's 32 and has lost a step and was never a burner to begin with, just a very solid receiver. He did a good job for the Steelers in '03 but they cut him mid-season last year and probably will again when Ward shows up, but it's possible he'll stick as their fifth receiver. At any rate Morey and Doering should both play a lot before a national audience tonight.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Farmer was shut out in Tampa's second exhibition game. He's about seventh on their depth chart, while little Joey Galloway, who was once upon a time a premier receiver in the league -- way back in '97 and '98 -- is entrenched as the team's number two wideout.

Trainer

I didn't even know that Danny Farmer was cut by Miami and then re-signed with Tampa Bay.

Farmer is a talented player never given the chance to play because of the color of his skin.

I am tired of seeing white guys cut and not given playing time because the NFL and TV sports are black worshipping pansies.

Farmer can flat out play. What are the chances he makes the team in tampa bay?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I meant towrite thathe was shut out in Miami's second game,that was my brain fart. I was thinking of guys like Galloway and how they remain entrenched as starters even after years of disappointing productionand confused the team that cutFarmer most recently with the team that's going to cut him this year.
smiley7.gif