Colts

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Colts have a trio of white wide receivers, but nobody on the board is talking about any of them except Stokely. Brad Pyatt, the starter at both kick returner and punt returner, might be the fastest receiver on the roster.he's not as quick and elusive as marvin harrison, but the coaches have suggested that he might outrun him in a footrace. his biggest drawback is that he seems to be wired too tight. the guy just can't stay healthy.

the other guy went un-drafted out of college despite being the all-time leader in receiving in Big 10 history after his career at Purdue. John Standeford is a classic possession receiver, and by that i mean he's always open and always catches anything thrown to him. the last time i checked that's a receiver's two most important jobs, right? he must be fast enough, athletic enough, and talented enough to get the job done if he's always open. here's a link on his performance in the first pre-season game of the year:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=2927

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have had threads on both of these guys.I hope that
Pyatt or Standeford can replace one of the the other guys
next season.We should start a new thread for both of these
guys or go to the page they are on and make a new post.
It's great to have you here Jimmy,you know your stuff.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember guys, you can always use the "search" function at the top of the board to find old threads where players have been mentioned. I just did a search for "Standeford" and he's been mentioned on ten other threads besides this one.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i know that you've mentioned them, but after their opening game i wanted to give 'em a little more pub. espeically Standeford. he played very well, and he's not exactly a hot commodity among NFL general managers right now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I followed Standeford ever since he was a freshman at Purdue. The all-time Big 10 receiving leader, plus he has great height and hands and route running ability. He made so many big plays in college but is always knocked as "too slow" to play in the NFL. I think the best that can happen is that he'll make it as the final receiver until Stokley is healthy and then stay on the roster after Brandon is back. I hope I'm wrong but Standeford has received the Danny Farmer treatment thus far and it's hard to be optimistic.

SteveB

Mentor
Some here have questioned Brad Pyatt's speed, but when he is healthy, this guy can fly. He's been playing with a lot of nagging injuries that have slowed him down a little. In college, he ran the indoor 60m in 6.7-6.8 sec. range which is very respectable. His forty speed is probably in the 4.2 to 4.3 sec. range. I hope he stays healthy and can showcase his skills.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
How is the Colts Defense looking this year?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
awful, as always.
smiley11.gif

G

I think Pyatt is cool.He used to wear a dark visor in training camp.That was awesome.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Dark visor? Maybe he wanted to appear black so as to be able to keep his job.
smiley2.gif