Change Happy Hour?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Hour has become the second most popular forum on the CF board after the NFL. New topics are coming at a fast clip. My question is: What do you think about expanding Happy Hour so that it is broken down into separate sections for Politics, Movies, Race, Current Events, etc.? It would make it easier to navigate and not miss topics that get moved down the current list pretty quickly, but I also don't want to see this sitestray too far from its primary mission asthe only pro-whitesports site for folks like us.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I like Happy Hour as it is Don, as some topics are momentary rantings, while others generate much discussion. If they are left alone, those that should generate enough conversation to stay atop the board will, and those that shouldn't won't. I think it will encourage more political and other non-sports related posts, which can sometimes be counterproductive to the site. In my opinion, everyone should join the ANU board if they want to really sound off or get involved in religious or political debates, as well as current events. The Media Racism and Stereotyping forum is good enough to cover the topics that would pertain to sports.

Bart

Hall of Famer
One advantage to having separate sections is that it can steer away those who may be offended by stumbling upon a subject they may find upsetting.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe, but I don't really see how.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'd say leave Happy Hour as is also, Don. The site is for and about white athletes and fighting the caste system. I think too many separate sections would make it more of a general forum, rather than a sports forum.

Perhaps you could add a sticky at the top of Happy Hour that people interested in more indepth discussion of politics or other off-topic subjects could be directed to the ANU forums.

GWTJ

Mentor
I like "Happy Hour" the way it is. You never know what surprise lies ahead when you go into it. If it was broken down into sections, people might totally avoid the sections that don't interest them and miss out on some good banter.

Freedom

Mentor
Its tough to change it because many topics in Happy
Hour overlap several of the categories mentioned. The ANU's
policies seem very narrow(ten year ban on immigration). Their
ideaology is too narrow to have Happy Hours broad discussions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like HH stays as is. Thanks for the input. I'm glad it's become a popular place to talk about a large variety of topics.