caste matchups for week twelve

referendum

Mentor
Lots of matchups this weekend, starting tonite.
Bowling Green 11 white starters Akron 7
Eastern Michigan 12 Toledo 8
Boise State 10 Utah St 5
Virginia 9 Clemson 5
Boston College 13 North Carolina 9
Vanderbilt 11 Tennessee 6
Kent St 10 Temple 6
Wyoming 15 TCU 10
Stanford 15 Cal 8
Rice 10 UTEP 5
Col. St 16 New Mexico 8
SMU 11 Marshall 5
Tulsa 10 So Miss 6
Central Florida 12 Tulane 8
Army 13 North Texas 5
Florida Int. 9 Florida 3

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Lets go BC and Stanford. The one loss I am hoping for is TCU to beat Wyoming. They are less than half white, but they are one of the whitest teams in contention for a good BCS bowl.

Cheers for Col. St. to keep New Mexico winless!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack, I agree with you about New Mexico. They played really tough against BYU last week, but hopefully the Rams can take care of business and get their first MWC win in Albuquerque.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just looking through the results from Friday, Bowling Green took out Akron, but Eastern Michigan lost to Toledo. Now, my question is, how on earth does a team like Eastern Michigan start 12 white guys, but UTAH STATE (last time I looked, it's pretty white there) only has FIVE white starters?? I'm glad that they got blown out by Boise State. With that kind of blatant black favoritism (racism), I hope the Aggies, or "Affies" never win another game!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad, Utah State has baffled me for 5 seasons for their lack of playing whites. All I can say is that the coaches and administrators in Logan want to be different than Utah and especially BYU. They are always the blackest FBS team in Utah and the worst as well. You think they'd learn, but I guess they like butting their head against the wall more than sacrificing "diversity."

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Coupled with the fact that besides the blacks on the athletic teams, there probably isn't five black in the entire Logan valley!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I was wondering why Utah State was so black and so bad.

Alex Torres, a WR for the Red Raiders, is having a good day so far, 3 rec. for 99 yards.

On a good note, after being down 21-0, BC is now within 8 of Uncle Butch's Tar Heels. Let's go BC!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad, you are correct about there not being very many blacks around Logan. Cache County, which includes the Cache Valley and Logan, has less than 1/2 of one percent black population. Its roughly the same in Utah County, where BYU is.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
BC lost to UNC 34-13, in part because of Shinskie's 4 INTs. It negated a great day by Luke Kuechly.

Texas Tech with 10 white starters beat Oklahoma with 7. Tech's two white WRs did great today! Torres has 10 rec. for 158 yards and 1 TD.
smiley32.gif
Zouzalik has 4 rec. for 40 yards and 1 TD. Zouzalik doesn't start, but plays a lot of snaps.

UCF is blowing Tulane out of the water 28-0 in the 3rd Quarter.

Early in the Wisconsin-Northwestern game, Adnrew Brewer has 2 rec. for 60 yards and a TD.

Also, it looks like Ryan Swope is seeing a little action for the Aggies against Baylor today. He has one catch.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I didn't catch much of the Iowa and Northwestern games, because of my "honey do" list, but the little that I saw of the Iowa game, it looked like Brandon Wegher was really running tentatively. No way you can run like that! I watched an off-tackle play that he could have made the corner if he would have just run when he got the handoff, but he dithered and was racked up for a gain of a couple. What happened with Concannon for Northwestern? Every time I peeked in for a look, the "scatblack" Fields was in the backfield, and they were throwing.