caste matchups for week seven

referendum

Mentor
On the heels of last nights victory (Cincinatti over South Florida)
we have lots of good matchups this weekend.
Indiana 9 Illinois 4
Boston College 10 NC State 7
Wake Forest 11 Clemson 5
Vanderbilt 11 Georgia 5
Notre Dame 10 USC 5
Nebraska 13 Texas Tech 8
Col St 16 TCU 10
BYU 16 SD State 8
Stanford 15 Arizona 7
Northern Illinois 12 Toledo 8
Central Florida 12 Miami 4
Arkansas 7 Florida 3 (thought I'd include this because its still a four starter difference though the Razorbacks are hardly a champion of the white athlete obviously).

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Georgia's "ebony titans" have been a huge disappointment this year, but I don't see them losing to Vandy.

Vandy coaches are probably more inept than rapidly "falling star" Mark Richt...

Alabama/South Carolina is a similar contest to Florida/Arkansas. I doubt 'Bama will lose that game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I will be looking forward to the Wisconsin Iowa game!!!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
DL, I don't know about Vandy's coaches being worse. UGA DC Willie Martinez is atrocious & infamous for his soft zones & rare blitzing. The Dawgs OC Mike Bobo (who was a very saavy QB for UGA) also has some predictable & weak play calling...ie - running off Center on 3rd & long, etc. The Dawgs will probably eek this one out, but they'll only get 2 more wins this season (Vandy & TN Tech). The DWF "Dawg Nation" (of which I was a long-time member of
smiley9.gif
) is growing tired of Richt, Bobo & Martinez constantly "under-performing". The problem is that most UGA DWFs don't get that these "affletes" are grossly overrated (via these caste recruiting services), so it's not surprising (to me) that UGA is stinking it up.

Rick93

The Ebony Titans cleaned our clocks today. TheDWFs should be happy.

W - Indiana 9 Illinois 4
W - Boston College 10 NC State 7
L - Wake Forest 11 Clemson 5
L - Vanderbilt 11 Georgia 5
L - Notre Dame 10 USC 5
L - Nebraska 13 Texas Tech 8
L - Col St 16 TCU 10
W - BYU 16 SD State 8
L - Stanford 15 Arizona 7
L - Northern Illinois 12 Toledo 8
L - Central Florida 12 Miami 4
L - Arkansas 7 Florida 3

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here is what I saw today on why some of our teams lost.

Nebraska's Offense lost that game for them... Horrible QB play, Lee and then sometimes Green. Hands of stone recievers, dropping sure first down and TD passes. Nebraska could really use Burkhead right about now......

Notre Dame had horrible play calling down on the goal-line. That game should have gone to OT at the least.

The Hogs' kicker missed two FGs that would have given Arkansas a W.

Also, I could care less about Vandy, no Hamilton and not using Adams or Hawkins. Besides Benoist and Cole, this team is just another SEC team.

I saw part of the Stanford game, Toby had another great night, but their recievers and Harbaughs decision to take the rekick instead of starting at the 40 at the end of the game ended up costing the Cardinal. It didn't help the the defense gave up so much.

On a good note, it was awesome to the see nearly all-black Illini lose again.Edited by: Jack Lambert

dwid

Hall of Famer
Stanford had some dumb coaching decisions. 4th and 2 and goes for it instead of taking the fg. Then Arizona scores and kicks it out of bounds, instead of taking it at the 40, the Stanford coach gets the team to kick it again hoping that his afflete will make a big return... he got to the 27. They came close to winning anyway, but quite a few dropped passes.

Good to see Indiana beating Illinois. It was kind of disappointing today, OU had guys all around Shipley, yet none of the other athletes could consistently get open. Same thing happened to Decker and only had 1 catch for 47 yards.

But the positives were that Blair White had a career high today 186 yards and 2 tds, Toby Gerhart had a 100+yard rushing game. Kerry Meier had a 100 yard receiving game, although I dont think Sharp did too good, must still be recovering from his injury. Bad situation to be in because of his pigmentation disorder he will need great stats to be considered at the next level.

Pryor showed how overrated he is today. How was he the top recruit in the nation? What sucks is some people are making the same excuses they made for Vick when he struggled... "the coaches just aren't smart enough to figure out a way to use his athletic abilities"

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
When did Matt Barkley (USC QB) become a black man? I'm glad that Robbie Parris had a good game for Notre Dame, but I was supporting USC.

This CF forum is not a "cult" that FORCES every member to root for a Notre Dame or a Nebraska. Shocking, I know...

Also, who didn't think that quotabacked Vandy wasn't going to lose to Georgia's Joe Cox? I even mentioned that Vandy was SCREWED-UP in this VERY THREAD!! I sure hope I don't get banned for defying the CULT...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I also said I could care less for Vandy. Vandy could be a good team if they were using Adams and Hawkins.Edited by: Jack Lambert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The Stanford game had me really POed. The Stanford kicker missed a 36 yard field goal and coach Harbaugh made one rash decision after another after that. Later, it was 38-36 Stanford in the 4th quarter- and instead of kicking a 24 yard field goal on 4th down, Stanford goes for it on 4th and 1. This was even with Gerhart having limped off the field. The same black WR (Owusu) that dropped a TD last week against Oregon State dropped the pass, right in his hands, that would have given them a first down. Arizona goes on to score to go up 43-38 and kicks the ball out of bounds on the kickoff. Instead of taking the ball at the 40, with just barely enough time left to drive down the field, Harbaugh has them re-kick. Even though it has to be a TD, not a FG now, this was a very foolish gamble which resulted in 13 yards of field position lost. The final drive ended up stalling at the Arizona 16 after getting moved back from the 11 yard line on a penalty on 2nd and 5. With 13 more yards, even with no timeouts, they probably would have fed the ball to Gerhart for a game winning TD. Worse field position changed the whole game plan by nullifying a Gerhart rush TD threat at the end. Even if Harbaugh only made one of his two stupid decisions he made, I think Stanford still wins this game and stays in contention for a BCS bowl. This would have improved Gerhart's underrated draft stock and Heisman hopes.
smiley19.gif