caste matchups for week nine

referendum

Mentor
A pretty nice batch of games coming up tomorrow.
Iowa, 13 white starters vs Indiana 9 white starters.
No. Illin. 12 Akron 7
Ohio St 11 New Mexico St 7
Vanderbilt 11 GA Tech 7
E Mich. 12 Arkansas 7
Nebraska 13 Baylor 9
Boise St 10 San Jose St 5
Navy 13 Temple 6
Michigan 9 Illinois 4
Kansas St 12 Oklahoma 7
Oregon 10 USC 5
Wyoming 15 Utah 8

Key matchup that I'm looking at is Michigan Illinois, here's hoping for one more nail in the coffin that is Illinois football this year. Eastern Michigan over Arkansas would be great though not likely.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Never thought I'd be pulling for Rich Rod post McGuffie, but Zook is caste vermin! Scott Concannon had a pretty good day, last week, against Indiana. Let's hope Wegher can surpass even Concannon's day. If Rex was still healthy for Nebraska, they'd be my 4th team I'd be keen on watching this week after Iowa, Rutgers and Michigan.

Terrell Pryor is a clown, but I don't really mind Ohio State as a whole, but it looks like a dis-interesting game this week for them.

Riddlewire

Master
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Terrell Pryor is a clown, but I don't really mind Ohio State as a whole...

Then I shall give you a reason to hate them.
Jim Tressel prematurely ended Todd Boeckman's career so that JaTerrelle LaPryor could ascend to his preordained throne as the unquestioned king of all football.
I root for OSU to lose every game until Tressel is fired. Even if they were playing against Memphis.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

Jim Tressel prematurely ended Todd Boeckman's career so that JaTerrelle LaPryor could ascend to his preordained throne as the unquestioned king of all football.

I root for OSU to lose every game until Tressel is fired. Even if they were playing against Memphis.

Dang, Riddle! Memphis? That's some serious disliking going on. Nah, I agree with you man.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

That's a good point on Tressel ruining Boeckman's career. I was always a little anti-Pryor simply b/c he got way too much hype playing in western Pennsylvania, while a talented white tailback like Billy Bair (who was just as dominant in those parts, playing his position) didn't get a single FBS offer.

Now I am VERY anti-Pryor, after hearing from y'all fellows about his classless spitting in some fan's faces who were booing him as a H.S senior...But, more predominantly, his comments defending Vick saying "everyone kills people" amongst other wacko things.

I may have to start fervently rooting for every black Rivals' prospect that is ranked high to fail, simply so that EVIL site loses a little credibility in the mentally challenged DWF's minds. The lie should be obvious already, but if even a few of the grossly overrepresented black 11 out of 20 top QBs succeed- the blind squirrel DWFs will gladly continue to accept Rivals rankings as credible.

There are few American companies that do as much evil as Rivals, Scout and Scouts INC. They are making lots of money out of helping to make 75% of the population EXTINCT in the top two American sports. It's bad enough and they are rooting to make it worse.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Iowa coming back in their game! Alright! A crazy 3rd quarter, Sash made one of the biggest plays of the year on his pick 6 and Wegher had a good 15 yard run, but Stanzi threw 4 picks. Now in the 4th quarter Stanzi has thrown a TD to McNutt and Derrell J-K each. McNutt killed Iowa with drops early, but boy has this team turned things around!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dane Sanzenbacher had 2 beautiful TD catches today as well.

TwentyTwo

Master
Riley Cooper's one handed catchfor 29 yard TDtoday vs Georgia is one of the best in college football so far this year along with Shipley's a few weeks ago!! To the casual football observerCoopermight be stereotyped as just another possesion WR; however hardcore fans know Cooper can fly when healthy; running as fast as 4.37; he's had some nagging injuries that may have slowed him a step; hopefully he will leave baseball alone!(see Locker, Decker & Gerhart)

Happy for freshman Brandon Wegher today too!! 25 carries 119 yards 3 TD's today vs Indiana! Figured he could have a 100+ yard game with enough carries...just sorry I missed his 27 yatd TD run at the end! The highlights on ESPN do not include his last run! I was watching some other games! Hopefully it will be on youtube soon?? He is fun to watch!!

Riddlewire said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

I will still cheer for Ohio State against more heavily caste teams. Tressel is a good coach but just made a monumental mistake with Pryor. Pryor doesn't seem to have it together, watch him start to unravel. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to drop the ball and get himself kicked off the team or the university.

Ohio State has started at least one white receiver for 59+ games going back to 2005. That's a stat you won't see on ESPN. While I wish Tressel would recruit more DBs like Dustin Fox, it's more than most coaches can say that they started a white Corner on a national championship winning team.

While a starting white RB has definitely been missing from OSU for years (can anyone remember the last one?), they did have three white RBs get carries today against New Mexico State.

Bo DeLande had 3 carries for 5 yards, Joe Gantz also had 3 for 5, and K.C. Christian had 4 for 12. I know that's not much, but again more than most teams!

green fire317

Banned
I was watching Iowa today and i enjoyed watching Wegher. Another guy who had a nice game was Mayberry for the Hoosiers.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo said:
Riley Cooper's one handed catchfor 29 yard TDtoday vs Georgia is one of the best in college football so far this year along with Shipley's a few weeks ago!! To the casual football observerCoopermight be stereotyped as just another possesion WR; however hardcore fans know Cooper can fly when healthy; running as fast as 4.37; he's had some nagging injuries that may have slowed him a step; hopefully he will leave baseball alone!(see Locker, Decker & Gerhart)

Happy for freshman Brandon Wegher today too!! 25 carries 119 yards 3 TD's today vs Indiana! Figured he could have a 100+ yard game with enough carries...just sorry I missed his 27 yatd TD run at the end! The highlights on ESPN do not include his last run! I was watching some other games! Hopefully it will be on youtube soon?? He is fun to watch!!

Beyond great first post!!
smiley4.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Agreed Celtic. Welcome to the site TwentyTwo! Riley Cooper ran a 4.35 40 at the Scout Nike H.S Combine- and I think it was electronic. I think he'd probably run in the high 4.3s low 4.4s on the NFL combine's slower track though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brandon Wegher did a great job, but Scott Concannon split time with several other backs and wasn't able to get much blocking or a rhythm going. He ended up with 8 runs for 13 yards and 2 catches for 29 yards. Jake Sharp had to split runs and got just 10 carries for 50 yards and 4 catches for 15 yards in pretty much the same situation. Welcome to the board, TwentyTwo.

W 42-24 Iowa, 13 white starters vs Indiana 9 white starters.
W 27-10 No. Illin. 12 Akron 7
W 45-0 Ohio St 11 New Mexico St 7
L 56-31 Vanderbilt 11 GA Tech 7
L 63-27 E Mich. 12 Arkansas 7
W 20-10 Nebraska 13 Baylor 9
W 45-7 Boise St 10 San Jose St 5
L 27-24 Navy 13 Temple 6
L 38-13 Michigan 9 Illinois 4
L 42-30 Kansas St 12 Oklahoma 7
W 47-20 Oregon 10 USC 5
L 22-10 Wyoming 15 Utah 8

6-6 this week in the caste games. I'm happy to Iowa come back and glad perennially overrated USC crash against Oregon!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If Wake Forest didn't screw up, they would have beaten Miami...

Texas, who might have been slightly Whiter than opponent Oklahoma State, WON big.

I don't mind that Boston College trounced Central Michigan. BC is the Whitest ACC team, so they need the W's.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Agreed Celtic. Welcome to the site TwentyTwo! Riley Cooper ran a 4.35 40 at the Scout Nike H.S Combine- and I think it was electronic. I think he'd probably run in the high 4.3s low 4.4s on the NFL combine's slower track though.
there was an article posted not too long ago that quoted Florida's wide receivers coach (or o-coordinator?) as saying Cooper was the Gators fastest wideout. he said that Cooper wasn't the quickest, but if they were going to run a 60-yard dash or further that he'd put his money on Cooper to win every time!

additionally, Cooper is a really physical, very big receiver at 6-3. so he's big AND fast AND has great hands ... if it just weren't for his debilitating skin condition, he might be a pretty good player.
smiley2.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
One thing I haven't noticed yet in the college football season thus far is the cry for more black head coaches. I think I know why the PC media has shut up about it. With the exception of Randy Shannon and Kevin Sumlin, black head coaches have done next to nothing this year. Ron English and Mike Locksley proudly sport 0-8 football teams in Eastern Michigan and New Mexico, repsectivly. Mike Haywood of Miami (Ohio) isn't doing much better, his Redhawks have a glistening 1-8 record after beating Toledo, 31-24 this past weekend. Dwayne Walker of New Mexico state isn't doing as bad as the first three with a 3-6 record. Turner Gill of Buffalo is 3-5 as a starter, but he is fair to white players, so I respect him. Kevin Sumlin has Houston at 7-1 and 17th in the rankings. A big reason for his success is white QB Case Keenum. Shannon has the Hurricanes at 6-2, but they have been streaky this year, and they should've lost last night to Wake Forest. So, out of 7 black coaches, we have 2 that haven't won a game, and 2 that have one 3 (Although Turner Gill of Buffalo is fair to whites,) and two that have winning records, although Miami could just as quickly be at .500.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
<div></div>there was an article posted not too long ago that quoted Florida's wide receivers coach (or o-coordinator?) as saying Cooper was the Gators fastest wideout. he said that Cooper wasn't the quickest, but if they were going to run a 60-yard dash or further that he'd put his money on Cooper to win every time!
<div> </div>
<div>additionally, Cooper is a really physical, very big receiver at 6-3. so he's big AND fast AND has great hands ... if it just weren't for his debilitating skin condition, he might be a pretty good player.
smiley2.gif
</div>

Cooper is a major-league stud at WR. If not for his skin condition, he'd be a lock at a first round NFL pick (probably top 20 pick).

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the props &amp; thewelcome! Yall cover plenty of ground...hard to add very much because of yall's wealth of knowledge! I appreciateall ofthe hard work and good info!

Edited by: TwentyTwo