caste matchups for week eight

referendum

Mentor
Better late than never, here are some caste matchups for today.
Purdue 11 Illinois 4
Pittsburg 9 South Florida 5
Northwestern 15 Indiana 9
Vanderbilt 11 South Carolina 5
Nebraska 13 Iowa St 7
Kansas 11 Oklahoma 7
Col St 16 San Diego St 8
Air Force 15 Utah 8
BYU 16 TCU 10
Stanford 15 Ariz St 7
SMU 11 Houston 5
Boise St 10 Haw 5

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Nebraska is sucking it up today, the RBs have fumbled 3-4 times! Helu is playing hurt. We need Rex today, we is unfortunatly out for probably about 2-4 weeks yet with a bad ankle.
smiley19.gif

Pittsburgh is beating South Florida.

'Twas fun watching the almost all-black Illini lose yet again.
smiley14.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks alot Ref...we appreciate your posting the weekly caste match-ups partner!
smiley1.gif

referendum

Mentor
Dixie, glad you guys like my posts. I figure it helps give structure to the week's games. I basically look for games where there is about a 4 man difference in white starters. I'm sure there are some games I miss but I think I'm posting most of the biggest differences week to week. Edited by: referendum

dwid

Hall of Famer
Looks like Jake Sharp is back, hes is struggling a little bit in the running game, I think more due to play calling because the other back has about the same running stats. The impressive run was actually a shovel pass, which is basically an extended handoff, he went for 56 yards! Similar to when he came in and had the shovel pass a few years back

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Mark ManGINA is a moron. Sharp needs carries to get going. So far "Mr. 3 yards and a cloud of dust", tubby Opurum has more carries. I'm disgusted!

Is Mangino really that dumb? Sharp was tearing it up until he got hurt. KU needs his speed and receiving ability in the game down by 15 right now. Sharp should request a 5th year of eligibility and transfer. He has no shot at the NFL without a 1,000 yard rushing season and combine invite. The NFL knows no bounds with screwing white players.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Chris Brown has 11 carries for 18 yards. Is he being fazed out for a 250 lb. true freshman with a 4.65-4.7 40 time? Bottom line is Kansas would be in this game, IMO, if they were feeding the ball to Sharp and sticking with their man. What a "caste wacko" Mark ManGINA is! Another injury screws a white player.
smiley19.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Mangino has me scratching my head. Does he really want to win this? Reesing struggled passing early on. The most explosive plays have come from Reesing running with it and Sharp on the shovel pass, and Sharp would have better rushing stats if they stuck with him, he was showing that he was pretty close to being 100 percent early in the game, darting in between defenders to get a first down. Meier has caught everyting thrown to him. So instead they are using Opurum more and forcing the ball to Briscoe who has dropped quite a few passes, including one that would have gotten them a td. Now he lined Reesing as a WR and put the backup qb in to run to draws. Im sure the backup will be good in the future but the play calling didnt make any sense.

The game is well out of reach now so I doubt we will see Sharp anymore, but going into half time they were down by 8, which was close to being down by 4. OU's offense stalled about a dozen times and partly due to the playcalling, Kansas only wound up with 6 points out of that.Edited by: dwid

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If ManGINA keeps screwing an NFL draft worthy RB, simply b/c he's white, Sharp should quit the team and ask for a 5th year of eligibility. This discrimination could cost Sharp millions of dollars in the future. With the way Sharp was playing, before he got hurt in the 1st two games as an all purpose threat, he looked like a top 5 RB in the country! White players are going to have to take things into their own hands and not take coaches' crap anymore.

The discrimination is more obvious than ever this year for white RBs in the FBS and NFL. Play like crap for a whole season and remain a starter if you're black, with a quality white tailback behind you. Have three phenomenal games in a row, followed by 2 so-so to below average games and be benched for good if you're white. Except if your Peyton Hillis= consistently play like a Pro Bowler and be demoted to 4th string, for two 30 year old journeymen and an over-hyped 1st round pick rookie.
smiley7.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
BYU's getting handled (thus far) by TCU...14-0 in the 1st quarter. The Cougz offense is stagnant & defense is flat-footed.
smiley6.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I don't know if it's much of a Caste match-up, but congrats to Redshirt frosh, Kyle Parker, for leading Clemson to an OT victory over Miami!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
BYU got waxed 38-7.
smiley18.gif
At least TCU has double-digit White starters.
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU was a big disappointment today. Nebraska losing stinks as well. Hopefully Stanford will beat Arizona State though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, Iowa's win was huge! Stanford is whooping Arizona State as well, with Toby over 100 yards rushing midway through the 3rd quarter.

referendum

Mentor
Iowa's run so far has been amazing. Would love to see them and Texas or Cincinatti in the championship game, though I don't know how that would come about.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Looks like I overreacted again to Mark Mangino. I think this site has a love-hate relationship with him after he tried to start former sex offender JuCo transfer Jacques Crawford at the start of last year.

I was perplexed b/c Mangino had originally stated he wouldn't play Sharp until he was 100% again this year. Maybe all of us, especially me, should take a deep breath and not go overboard with insults to Mangino (like Land Walrus). If he ever read this site it could piss him of and it could backfire on our man Mr. Sharp.
smiley2.gif