Bye Bye Balco

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After much media attention, the Balco scandal quickly fizzled and was consigned to the system's memory hole. Balco owner Victor Conte agreed to a plea bargain that amounts to a "slap on the wrist," as Sports Illustrated described it. There will be no trial, no testimony from or about Barry Bonds and the other athletes involved. Barry easily dodges another bullet.

What the lasting memory of baseball's "steroids era" will be, is Mark McGwire looking bad in front ofa congressional committee.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, you are right about that Don. Funny how all these things happen like that. Has to be more that coincidence, at least sometimes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If the government really wanted to crack down on steroids,
they wouldn't have taken the plea bargains.As for the
athletes getting off,it is a complete joke.They always
have to protect the Barry Bonds of the world.

White_Savage

Mentor
I have to say, I'm rather glad the government's attempt to stick it's nose into MLB fizzled, ESPECIALLY since it was so much of a witch hunt directed against big Mark.

I mean, if they can decide the rules of sports, what's next? Affirmitive action in the UFC because there's not enough ********?
smiley4.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I am glad it didn't do that either White_Savage, and I wish JFK wouldn't have forcibly integrated the Redskins in 1962 either. We don't hear much about that though.