Bradley Shields

Shields is a redshirt freshman sprinter of believe it or not the Mississippi Rebels. This kid apparently holds the all-time 100 meter record in Miss. at 100 meters in high school at 10.29. It is not clear if this is wind-aided but it was performed at the Miss. State Track champs 2 years ago so it might wind legal. He ran a legal 10.46 so he could be somewhere near that time. One to look out for.

trackster

Mentor
Sounds promising, but so far he's running 10.6s. I don't know what happens to some of these guys who can't repeat their high school performances. Joe Fisher (Auburn) has been a bust so far, too.

Sounds promising, but so far he's running 10.6s. I don't know what happens to some of these guys who can't repeat their high school performances. Joe Fisher (Auburn) has been a bust so far, too.
I was thinking the same thing. I keep checking on Fisher and he is not even on Auburn's 4 x 100 team though I think they have a 38.3 relay already this year which is faster than most countries can produce.

trackster

Mentor
In the meanwhile, Dallas Burroughs, who ran some insane times in high school, seems to have dropped track entirely for football. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll run track before graduation.

Incidentally, your nametag reminds me, on a non-track related note, that Cam McDaniels, who had one of the most incredible hs highlight reels I've ever seen, has been switched to cornerback at Notre Dame. Man, I wanted to see him carry the ball. At least they didn't make him fullback.