Bob Hoffman

Gary

Mentor
Do any of you men remember Bob Hoffman and the York Barbell Club? Located in York,Pennsylvania, Hoffman was a key figure in the strength world. He had a constant feud with Joe Weider and Dan Lurie.I remember drinking protein shakes made with Hoffman's Protein powder back in the 1960's. Hoffman was a WW1 hero and had two magazines MD[Muscular Developemt] and Strength and Health. Some real strong guys came from York, Steve Stanko and John C. Grimek were the two best. How many of you men remember Bob Hoffman? I guess many of you were too young to have used his protein powder.I'd like to see more young White men lift and really take care of themselves. I hate to see young people smoke and drinking so much pop/soda. I believe White men should be strong and well able to take care of themselves!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Gary said:
I remember drinking protein shakes made with Hoffman's Protein powder back in the 1960's.

I drank my fair share. It wasn't the worst stuff I ever tasted, but damn close. He was strong and quite a character.

Gary

Mentor
I remember drinking some of Weider's Crash Gain Weight Formula No.7 and it didn't taste to bad. I used to mix it in a blender with ice cream. Hoffman was a character!They asked him once if he was faithful and he said yes I've been faithful to the same four women for years!!
Hoffman made big money on the products but Grimek was the real force behind York Barbell's success. Grimek never lost a bodybuilding contest, beating Steve Reeves twice.
Grimek,Steve Reeves and Reg Park were the best in those days.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That stuff won't help you gain much mass. Either you can gain mass or you can't (as a teen). I remember taking that stuff and not gaining a thing. Jack Lalane is still around and he is 90 plus, the old bodybuilders were warriors........

Gary

Mentor
At my age the last thing I need is mass!! White men have more genetic potential for muscle mass then any other race on earth-that is why we control the world of strength!!