Best Cardio in MMA?

Who do you think has the best cardio in MMA?

• Sean Sherk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clay Guida

• Roger Huerta

• Tito Ortiz

• Another Fighter (Who?)

• Total voters

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I was just curious who ya'll think has the best cardio in MMA? I figured it be a lightweight, but I'm not certain. What say ya'll?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Randy Couture has the best cardio in MMA??
smiley36.gif

Sherk.

G

Sean Sherk is a drug using loser.

The double standard for white drug users is still a strong tradition at castefootball I guess.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
nevada said:

The double standard for white drug users is still a strong tradition at castefootball I guess.

I know you're not including me in that group. I challenge you to find a post where I complain about blacks using steroids.

By the way, do you include those who use HGH as 'drug using losers' as well?

Even if you personally disqualify Sherk, any one of the other lightweights on that list have better cardio than the Natural. No offense to Dixie, but Tito Ortiz' reputation as a cardio machine has far outlasted his actual ability. He probably shouldn't have been included in that list. I'd have added Tyson Griffin instead.

Edited by: White Shogun

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
No offense taken WS. I kinda thought Tito didn't have the gas of his prime. I was impressed with Clay Guida's intensity & cardio too. Being a big fella (6'8 300), I really appreciate the insane cardio of most of these MMA fighters (especially Lightweights). I've always had size, strength & some explosiveness...but never great cardio (average at best...in college). Having trained BJJ & MT, I can appreciate the training it takes to go full-bore for 3 x 5 minute rounds (5x5 for the Championship). These MMA warriors train like madmen to have that kinda "fighting shape" cardio.

nopictures

Guru
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Sherk

supposedly he didn't "knowingly" take steroids, and even passed a lie detector test or that the vials may have become "contaminated" with other fighter's samples. ITS A POSSIBILITY sure enough but...I don't really trust dana white or wikipedia. Hopefully sherk comes out clean and whoops bj penn.

White_Savage

Mentor
nevada said:

1. Sean Sherk is a drug using WINNER who will be lightweight champion again very soon. I'll take a drug using WINNER on our side over the most clean and honest LOOSER any day of the week. When you are in a war for survival, you don't care how you win, as long as you win. Morality is bad for morale. And sports, with the inherent hearts and minds aspect, is actually a front in the war for racial survival.

2. I never said White pro athletes weren't taking steroids. Sports is awash with roids. I believe the athletes who get caught are the especially careless ones or the ones the higher ups WANT caught in certain circumstances. You mention Randy Couture...he is probably my all-time favorite MMA fighter, he is obviously a great athlete and a great talent inherently, but I still wouldn't bet a 20 dollar bill he's never taken PEDs.

I believe the difference between Blacks and Whites as regards steroids is that Blacks are for more likely to start using them very early to get into pro Sports in the first place, just as they are for more likely to use recreational drugs.

3. Self-serving double standards are natural, good, and nessecary. Unless you are a vegan, you've wiped out thousands of lives just to eat. If you are a vegan, well, the field where your soybeans were grown displaced/killed a whole ecosystem full of animals. The land you live and work on, was, like every square foot of land on Earth, taken from the previous owners by force and bloodshed. If your brother is destitute and without a home, you take him in and feed him, but no one sane considers letting every random bum in their house. The common thread here is that the somewhat self-centered notion of putting yourself/your group's good ahead of others. Self-centered, to a degree hypocritical and logically indefensible, but absolutely nessecary for survival.

Poacher

Mentor
Guida, Hughes, GSP...never seen one of them gas.

Couture's cardio is good too but I would add the qualifier: "good for his age."

Almost forgot Forrest.