Aviation/Air Force Commercial

White_Savage

Mentor
Invention, testing, and almost all innovations done by Whites. Probably because no other race combines the brains to build 'em with the balls the early guys had to go up in the rickety wood and cloth things.

Saw on the history channel where the Japanese DID make some interesting innovations in WWII. But turns out they got most of the basic ideas from the Germans, and then tinkered with them.

Turns out also the Germans were light-years ahead of us in aviation, (actually flying jet fighters and rocket-planes) but didn't have the time to fully implement before the end of WWII. The Germans are a backward, evil people, how exactly? Also, "Fearless Mustachioed Leader" had his doubts about all this fancy new weaponry, which just goes to prove my theory that the political leadership is usually the weakest link in any great people.

Anyway, theres this recruiting ad that shows a black dude flying a B-1B Lancer, which if you don't know is a supersonic long-range bomber, IOW, a real hot ride. I thought that commerical was real representative of the real composition of millitary aviation, I.E, I have never met or even seen a non-White who flys any of the really prestigious hardware. Nowadays they have some token females, but they're still White! I find myself wondering if there has ever been a single black pilot for the B-1B, and what most blacks who eagerly join the Air Force will actually end up doing. Not that the affirmitive action millitary will hold them down if they have even a tenth the brains and talent of the worst White applicant, but that remains an iffy question anyway.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
Turns out also the Germans were light-years ahead of us in aviation, (actually flying jet fighters and rocket-planes) but didn't have the time to fully implement before the end of WWII.

Remember when the Russkies launched Sputnik way back in 1957? Americans were dismayed that a Communist country beat us to the punch, but Bob Hope made a joke about the situation. It was common knowledge that after the war developing countries sought the best - rocket scientists - available, which of course were Germans.

The joke went something like this: "Well how about those Russians? They launched a satellite before we did. I guessthat proves their German scientists are better than our German scientists."Edited by: Bart

Jofreidr_1488

I find myself wondering if there has ever been a single black pilot for the B-1B, and what most blacks who eagerly join the Air Force will actually end up doing.

Logistics. (which is exactly what blacks in the Army end up doing as well, in fact one of the main sources of contention between blacks and Whites in the Army is that blacks just want to drive around beans and bullets and leave the Whites to do all the front-line fighting)