Article on BBC about the failure of African soccer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
here's an active link to the column.

thanks for sharing this, accesscrimea.
smiley20.gif
this fellow, Piers Edwards, certainly didn't waste time with nonsensical niceties, did he?
smiley36.gif

he also mentions some of the often-taboo issues surrounding african't athletics: over-aged youth players, incompetent management and leadership, infighting amongst prima donna affletes, and (he hinted at) corruption. these issues are all obviously true, but the fact that they are so rarely mentioned by "reporters" on a national stage more than hints at the agenda to hide the truth about what we at CF already know.

congrats to this man for stating the obvious, if odious, truth. how sad that doing so is so uncommon these days as to merit praise.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Europe

Mentor
I really don't care about African football. Jay jay Okocha who was mentioned in the article has been stealing jobs from European players for years. None of these people should be playing in Europe and we shouldn't even hear about them until them WC and then they should be forgotten. The morons in Europe are much too concerned about African football.

I don't want to watch African American players and I certainly don't want to watch African African players.

The fact that all these Africans are in Europe makes me mad and then they transfer back to their parents' countries national team.