Adam Morrison

speedster

Mentor
Adam Morrison hit a clutch shot last night to give Gonzaga a hard fought 75-73 win over San Francisco.He took the feed from Derek Raivio and looked like he was going to drive the lane then he stopped on a dime,stood straight up and hit the jumper with .6 secounds to go.Adam has both an inside and outside game and is a deadly accurate shooter.There is talk already that he could be a future NBA prospect.On type of that,the guy is tough,how can he not be since he's a diabetic.Sometimes the camera will show the Zags bench and there's Adam checking his blood sugar and then if needed he will give himself a shot.The problem I have with Morrison is that whenever the national media converges he always gives the same boring story and that is when he was kid he liked Jordan,but since Adam considers himself slow he became a fan of Larry Bird,you know the guy can't jump and is slower than molasses deal.Adam is just buying into that old sterotype of white guys can't jump.Trust me,Morrison can run,he can jump he can even dunk.He isn't the most swiftest guy out there by far and can look a little awkward but it's not as bad as he says.It seems he would rather knock himself about his perceived inadequecies before anyone else does.

JD074

Master
He also likes Karl Marx, which I personally find revolting.
Hopefully that's just silly youthful rebellion that he'll grow out of.
But that's totally separate from his playing ability, which is rock
solid, no question about it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gonzaga wins another championship again thanks to Adam
Morrison.He had 25 points last night in the semi final
game and 30 tonight to win the champs!This kid is a
diabetic but plays like his idol/Larry Bird.He can shoot
the lights out.Trust me on this.He could be another
Dirk Nowitzki!
smiley32.gif

speedster

Mentor
We must be on the same wave-length,white lightning.Your post is almost the same as I what I was going to post.Morrison showed just what a clutch player he really is by carrying Gonzaga to the W.C.C.championship.I think with Morrison as hot as he is,the Zags could make a deep run at the Big Dance.Another player on the Zags that is finally getting some love is PG Derek Raivio.There was a piece on PG's and such in the latest Sports Illustrated and Raivio was in there,again the white thing was mentioned.Man,I'm so sick of that.Anyway's the Zags for the past 7 years have been the top mostly white team around so let's get the word around about this fine school for those who don't know.One more thing onMorrison,there is talk already about him going into the draft this year.I hope not because he will end up glued to some teams bench and see no playing time.Adam will benefit greatly by sticking around another two years with the Zags because Mark Few,the Zags coach,and staff are great at developing players,and I think Morrison needs more time before he bombards the NBA.

speedster

Mentor
Good news for Adam Morrison and Gonzaga fans as Adam has decided to stay on with Zags' and play his Junior year.He feels he can lead the Zags' to bigger things and wants to be an All-American first teamer as well as player of the year.He sure doesn't lack confidence.On another Zag note,his team-mate,Sean Mallon was selected to the 3rd annual 2005 Division 1 Men's Basketball Scholar-Athlete Team.Of the 10 players on this team 9 were white,the lone black guy had some African sounding name,so there one representative isn't even a native of the U.S.