A bold prediction!

I am not as well informed as other posters about sprinters though I ran the 100 meters for 6 years in high school and college. Does anyone find it funny that Asafa Powell just pulled out of a big meet? Bolt just pulled out of a meet recently. Justin Gatlin and Tyson Gay's times are slowing down through the season coming up to the Olympics. Is there any chance these guys are pulling out because they were cheating or are afraid to get caught at testing during the London Games.
Its an illogical hunch but maybe Lemaitre should run the 100 and 200 and this may sound crazy but he is going to run a little faster as all his races have been on cold or slow tracks or with bad wind. I think Lemaitre could challenge for the silver in both events. Gatlin running a 9.80 100 meters and now getting nowhere closer to that smells very fishy. This could get real interesting.

Also there has been a J. Conn sighting. He just recently ran a 10.19 with a + 1.0 wind 2 days ago. Usually Cannaughton runs fast times early in the season and then just regresses. This is the first time I have ever seen him get faster as the season draws to a conclusion. Could we see a Lemaitre, Guliyev, Sakalauskas, Yamagata and J Conn get to the semis? Wishful thinking but perhaps.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i already said it in another thread, i don't think that gatlin will try to win, making the final will be enough for him, i don't expect him to run fast
around 10.0X maybe

i already said it in another thread, i don't think that gatlin will try to win, making the final will be enough for him, i don't expect him to run fast
around 10.0X maybe
I read the post. I agree with you 100 % but its a hunch Gay won't break 9.90 in even the best condition. Powell and Bolt pulling out of races makes me question the PEDs Im 99 % sure are taking has stopped so they don't get caught at the olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With Jamaica nothing would suprise me. One thing you have to realise though is that the doctors who give these guys the p.e.d.s. , know how to beat the system. They are almost always a few steps ahead of W.A.D.A. who does the testing. I would be shocked if both Bolt and Powel didn't run. I expect them both to be there. Those yams are hard to detect. I think it's either s.a.r.m.s. or something similar that they are on. It's so obvious but don't tell anyone. The dwf's like to believe that humans can run video game times like clockwork. Some people are so naive and they will believe just about anything.

I do hope Lemaitre runs both the 100 and 200 regardless. He has nothing to lose. He would make history just by making the final. Then who knows what might happen if he can just get a good start for once in an outdoor race!