2023 U.S. Open

jphoss

Mentor
Crazy how a scrappy little country such as Serbia can have simultaneously the best basketball player and tennis player in the world

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Crazy how a scrappy little country such as Serbia can have simultaneously the best basketball player and tennis player in the world
In terms of athletic achievement, I think they definitely punch above their weight! Look at their basketball team without Jokic and Micic (former Euroleague MVP) made it to the finals still.

Regarding Novak, I'm so exited he won the US Open. Hopefully it provides him some level of satisfaction since the corrupt US government denied him participation in the tournament last year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In terms of athletic achievement, I think they definitely punch above their weight! Look at their basketball team without Jokic and Micic (former Euroleague MVP) made it to the finals still.

Regarding Novak, I'm so exited he won the US Open. Hopefully it provides him some level of satisfaction since the corrupt US government denied him participation in the tournament last year.

Not only was he denied playing in the US Open last year but also the Australian Open. On top of that he was coasting in the US Open a couple of years ago and was kicked out for hitting a ball too hard in frustation. He was the clear favorite. The guy could have aleady had
possibly 3 more grand slams which would have him at 27 instead of 24. So despite everything they have done to him he STILL HAS
TWO MORE GRAND SLAMS than Nadal. I love it!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not only was he denied playing in the US Open last year but also the Australian Open. On top of that he was coasting in the US Open a couple of years ago and was kicked out for hitting a ball too hard in frustation. He was the clear favorite. The guy could have aleady had
possibly 3 more grand slams which would have him at 27 instead of 24. So despite everything they have done to him he STILL HAS
TWO MORE GRAND SLAMS than Nadal. I love it!
He truly is one of the most amazing athletes ever. And to top it off he has great character to go with it. There's not a better role model alive today. I'll be very interested to see what he does with his life after his playing days are over (hopefully not for several years yet).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He truly is one of the most amazing athletes ever. And to top it off he has great character to go with it. There's not a better role model alive today. I'll be very interested to see what he does with his life after his playing days are over (hopefully not for several years yet).

His intelligence is as admirable as his athleticism. Novak Djokovic speaks 3 or 4 languages like so many Europeans do. Americans truly
are the most dumbed down culture on average. Eveything in this country that is childish and immature is celebrated while men like this
are looked down on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's rich. Even the title, "Moderna's Shot of the Day," has a funny double meaning when it comes to Novak.

Nothing like everything related to sports being sponsored by corporations, including Big Pharma with their poisons, fast food chains with their sugar and additive-filled crap, and various makers of junk food and alcohol, just the things aspiring athletes need.

The corporatization of sports and society is the single biggest factor in the decline of America. Large corporations and their ubiquitous advertising and the plastering of their logos everywhere dehumanize and now have become "woke" pushers of outright anti-humanism and the destruction of healthy spirituality.