2023 College Football Week 14 (Championship Week)

El Gringo

Mentor
Last night I watched some of the halftime report with the indian guy and booger. They were speaking about FSU's QB situation and booger stated that the QB needed to be John Stockton not Steph Curry. I found that to be one of the most degrading things stated about a White athlete in a long time. Stockton is one of the best point guards in the history of the NBA and still played in an era where defense and fundamentals still existed. Curry on the other hand is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the no defense/no fundamentals era which has probably been the norm for the NBA since the mid-2000s.

I’ve always wondered why Curry is so successful in the nba and have been wanting to post about it and I know this isn’t the right thread but briefly he’s not that great of a athlete, probably 6’1 and slim so why can’t anyone guard him???There’s no doubt he’s a great shooter but John Stockton etc from the 80’s and 90’s would have locked his ass down I’m sure. I really haven’t seen him play that much, nor do I care to but I’m sure just an arm check would be able to keep him subdued.

TwentyTwo

Master
Many dont realize John Stockton was one of the fastest players in the NBA!

D-Tackle #55 Braden Fiske (Florida State/ Western Michigan transfer) was a absolute BEAST tonight! Lead team 9 Tackles ; 3 Sacks ; 4 TFL.....6'-5" 300lbs no reason he can't go in the late 1st Round at the very least!

TE Brock Bowers ( 5 rec 53 yards) played on one leg just 26 days after Tight-rope surgery on his ankle! Tough dude!
And WR Ladd McConkey ( 3 rec 38 yards) tried to gut it out re-aggrevating ankle injury too.
Frustrating UGA lost!....... It would be funny to see NO SEC schools going to the Playoffs this year!

Frustrating seeing Iowa CB Cooper Dejean on the sidelines w crutches; he could have been good for a PICK SIX TD or electric Punt Return! Instead Iowa got the big ZERO tonight!

Quinn Ewers (Texas) 452 YARDS PASSING 4 TDs!

RBs ...Anderson Castle (App St) 8 carries 47 yards(2nd on team) + 1 rec 8 yards
Tyler Lavine (SMU) 5 carries 25 yards + 2 rec 34 yards

TE Anthony Torres (Toledo) 3 rec 56 yards TD
Addison Ostrega (Iowa) 7 rec 50 yards

WR Austin Bolt (Boise St) 2 rec 72 yards TD ...6'-3" 212

FCS
2nd Round Playoffs
WR Hayden Hatten (Idaho) #EDIT 6 Receptions 111 yards Receiving ...... 2nd consecutive season going over 1,000+ yards
On ESPN2 vs Southern Illinois; Won 20-17 in OT

Announcers mentioned hi being "Late Round NFL Pick"

QB Tommy Mellott (Montana St) 204 yards passing 2 TDs + 151 YARDS RUSHING & 2 TDs
Connor Watkins (Villanova) 275 yards passing TD + 56 yards rushing 2 TDs
WRs
Nick DeGennaro (Richmond) 13 Rec 120 Yards TD
Jaxon Janke (So.Dakota St) 7 rec 106 yards TD
Max Tomczak (Youngstown St) 9 rec 105 yards
TE JJ Galbreath (So.Dakota) 1 rec 75 YARD TD
RBs
Griffin Woodell (Albany) 13 carries 96 yards TD
Travis Theis (So.Dakota) 15 carries 68 yards TD
Nick Ostmo (Montana) 10 carries 64 yards TD + 1 rec 10 yards
Nick Romano (Idaho) 6 carries 30 yards + 2 rec 32 yards

D2 Playoffs
QB Braden Gleason (Emporia State) 405 yards Passing 6 TDs + TD Rushing
WR Tyler Kahmann 11 rec 118 yards 2 TDs

Max McCloud (Colorado School of Mines) 4 rec 76 yards ...needs an NFL try out
Jake Berrey (Missouri Western) 5 rec 83 yards TD

RB Patrick Blubaugh (Ashland) 20 carries 108 yards

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
Stockton in this day and age would dominate like no other pg and would lock curry down even Gary Payton would always say he was the most difficult player in the league to play against, and that included Jordan. There are many clips on YouTube of him, defending that point with reason and facts against incredulous other blacks.
as for the games last night, we all knew I was offense would give them no chance, but it was still good to see the defense of Iowa play very well against a good Michigan offense. Although clown Klatt said on a few occasions how I was defense is “ greater than the sum of their parts” eyeroll lol. as for the top four wish Georgia would get in, but I don’t see how it is not UM UW fsu and texas

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
They could for sure. I do have a hard time logically seeing UGA drop down past #4 though but that is not to say the system is rigged, very political with a heavy unfair SEC bias which magically inflates teams within that conference in the eyes of the media. Alabama lost to Texas, struggled against USF and beat a crappy Auburn team with a lucky TD at the end of the game. I think Ohio St should be considered over Alabama to be honest, their only loss is to Michigan and they played a harder schedule than Alabama.
Thanks for the reply. I sure hope you are right, as I definitely do NOT want to see Alabama in these playoffs, but I fear the worst is coming...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sorry about getting the thread off topic with John Stockton guys. I just found that comment to be one of the most asinine things an "analyst" has said this year.

I still think UGA should be in over Alabama. Alabama is absolutely the media pick to magically have all their warts covered up to give them the boost into the top 4. I don't really like FSU although Fiske and a White QB make them much more palatable than Alabama's total coal black team. I think Saban is up there with Urban Meyer as the two coaches to really blame for really pushing the elimination of White athletes from the game. Alabama has been a feeder team for the NFL, Saban is responsible for 3 non-White starting QBs in the league, numerous WRs (many busts), Sumos galore, mediocre black defensive players during his tenure. The Alabama/SEC DWFs eat it up though. Just because a team is conference champion should not mean they get a bid into the playoff unless they were undefeated which Alabama is not.

With Michigan now the presumptive number one overall team and Ohio State's only loss coming to Michigan I find it odd that they are not even in the conversation. I'd root for OSU this year in the playoff.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@TwentyTwo I just came noticed South Dakota's QB is Aidan Bouman - son of former NFL journeyman QB Todd Bouman. He's a big kid 6'5" 245 lbs and has had a great sophomore campaign. One to keep an eye one for sure. South Dakota is certainly a team to keep an eye out for in the FCS playoffs - Bouman, RB Travis Theis and playmaking TE JJ Galbreath!

Max Tomczak is the nephew of another former NFL journeyman QB Mike Tomczak.

jphoss

Mentor
Sorry about getting the thread off topic with John Stockton guys. I just found that comment to be one of the most asinine things an "analyst" has said this year.

I still think UGA should be in over Alabama. Alabama is absolutely the media pick to magically have all their warts covered up to give them the boost into the top 4. I don't really like FSU although Fiske and a White QB make them much more palatable than Alabama's total coal black team. I think Saban is up there with Urban Meyer as the two coaches to really blame for really pushing the elimination of White athletes from the game. Alabama has been a feeder team for the NFL, Saban is responsible for 3 non-White starting QBs in the league, numerous WRs (many busts), Sumos galore, mediocre black defensive players during his tenure. The Alabama/SEC DWFs eat it up though. Just because a team is conference champion should not mean they get a bid into the playoff unless they were undefeated which Alabama is not.

With Michigan now the presumptive number one overall team and Ohio State's only loss coming to Michigan I find it odd that they are not even in the conversation. I'd root for OSU this year in the playoff.
And none of the dwf ever want to hear how almost every bama high draft pick has been a bust. It’s gross but predictable how the media is pushing for them to get into the playoff. Over who exactly? And undefeated conference champ or the team that beat them this year. It’s a joke how they are even being considered especially how they needed a miracle to beat a bad auburn team just 2 weeks ago

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the reply. I sure hope you are right, as I definitely do NOT want to see Alabama in these playoffs, but I fear the worst is coming...

Alabama gets a gift from the caste gods and is placed in the top 4.

Michigan, Texas and Washington are also in the top 4.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I guess Alabamas donors hold more sway than the Criminoles. At least next season there will be 12 teams in. An actual playoff.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s tough to say the whole system is rigged but, bits also hard to imagine that Alabama’s dominance and tv presence didn’t sway this.

In the final analysis it’s all kind of stupid pretending this is an amateur sport played by student athletes.

Between fsu getting ripped off and nil stuff and the transfer portal and the disintegration of conferences like the pac 12, the traditions that made college football an enjoyable thing to follow are more or less dead now. It’s a real shame .

TwentyTwo

Master
@TwentyTwo I just came noticed South Dakota's QB is Aidan Bouman - son of former NFL journeyman QB Todd Bouman. He's a big kid 6'5" 245 lbs and has had a great sophomore campaign. One to keep an eye one for sure. South Dakota is certainly a team to keep an eye out for in the FCS playoffs - Bouman, RB Travis Theis and playmaking TE JJ Galbreath!

Max Tomczak is the nephew of another former NFL journeyman QB Mike Tomczak.
Yes indeed! Thanks for the head's on QB Bouman...name does sound familiar.

Sure do like all of these Dakota teams ! Little brother Coyotes are trying to catch up to the In=State Powerhouse JackRabbits! Got smacked 37 - 3 early October. I'm sure they would like some revenge. But first they must face North Dakota State Bison (beat Montana St 35-34 OT thriller);
For sure! Another player to kep an eye on...leading WR Carter Bell ( 47-829 - 5)....was held in check Saturday ( 2 - 29); looking for a big game from him if healthy?

And had wondered if that was Tomzcak's son? Not a last name you see everyday!