2023 Chicago Bears

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2023 Chicago Bears
The Bears are one of the most anti-White organizations in this putrid league. I can't remember the last time they had a compelling team with a decent number of White players. They don't allow Whites at any skill positions and on defense they are limited to the occasional rotational DL or rare LB. Fields is maybe the top hyped black QB by DWFs so this team is one to hard pass on.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
12 Whites total, with 4 starters. Grade: F

QB - Nathan Peterman, Tyson Bagent
WR - Trent Taylor
TE - Cole Kmet, Robert Tonyan
G - Cody Whitehair
C - Lucas Patrick, Dan Feeney
LB - Jack Sanborn

K - Cairo Santos
P - Trenton Gill
LS - Patrick Scales

IR - Doug Kramer (OL)
PS - Stephen Carlson (TE), Matt Farniok (OL), Bill Murray (OL), John Parker Romo (K)

Well this team somehow got less White than last year. However it seems like a bump of 1 White starter. Cole Kmet has Pro-Bowl potential but has never had a consistent passer at QB. Sadly he recently signed an extension so he's stuck with Fields, who only passed for over 200 yards once last year (hat tip to Don for that fact). With that type of offense, where they allow the QB to run 15+ times a game, realistically how many targets is Kmet going to get? Tonyan is a former starting TE who's going to have to settle for a reserve roll I guess. Hopefully he can do well enough to land in a better spot next year. Whitehair is a longtime starter and one of the better guards in the league. Trent Taylor was signed to be the primary punt returner, and maybe kick returner too. Bagent was a star of preseason, in which he earned a spot over the terrible PJ Walker. There is debate if he should be the #2 QB over the less exciting Peterman. If Fields were to be inquired, I'd love to see Bagent get the opportunity.

On defense, Jack Sanborn must be lonely. The former UDFA stepped in last year when all-pro Roquan Smith was traded and statistically performed just as well. This guy is a serious talent! Unfortunately they signed Tremaine Edmunds to play Jack's natural spot of MLB. Now I think Sanborn is the SLB, so it remains to be seen if it will be him or TJ Edwards who stays on the field when they go to nickel formation. Basically they screwed him over even after he proved how great he could be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
OurLads has Sanborn listed as the backup weakside linebacker. His situation reminds me of Robert Spillane, who started off and on for the Steelers the past few years before smartly signing with the Raiders this offseason. He was despised by the Steelers' DWFs who took their cue from the local media who never gave him any credit. Like Sanborn, Spillane was undrafted, which always makes someone in that position suspicious in the eyes of the fans and media, with every mistake magnified to gigantic proportions. Remember Nate Gerry when he was starting for the Eagles? He had the improper angle on a single attempted tackle and it was blown out of proportion to an astonishing degree. Wishing the best for Jack Sanborn on this perpetual super-Caste outfit.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Already screwing over the Hometown Kid in Sanborn huh? Shitcago doesn’t know a good thing even if it hit them in the face. I was going to say “At least Sanborn will get a chance to blossom into a star”

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
OurLads has Sanborn listed as the backup weakside linebacker. His situation reminds me of Robert Spillane, who started off and on for the Steelers the past few years before smartly signing with the Raiders this offseason. He was despised by the Steelers' DWFs who took their cue from the local media who never gave him any credit. Like Sanborn, Spillane was undrafted, which always makes someone in that position suspicious in the eyes of the fans and media, with every mistake magnified to gigantic proportions. Remember Nate Gerry when he was starting for the Eagles? He had the improper angle on a single attempted tackle and it was blown out of proportion to an astonishing degree. Wishing the best for Jack Sanborn on this perpetual super-Caste outfit.
Yes this certainly can end up being the case.

Ourlads was one of a few I used to cross check the Bears. They are assuming the Bears use a nickel as their base defense. I saw another chart that had Sanborn as SLB instead of the WLB. I guess we’ll see on Sunday if he’s getting starter reps or he’s the 3rd and seldom used LB.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bears are a team we can confidently root against. The offseason hype around Fields was comical. Let's watch it all play out now.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Sanborn part of excellent 2021 Big Ten defense to go with Hutch, Karlaftis, Campbell, Chenal, and Moss.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just ran across this article while skimming the NFL site on a break:

Bears QB Justin Fields says coaching could be reason he's playing 'robotic'

It pretty much encapsulates everything that we've said here about black QB play. The reason for Justin Fields sucking isn't Justin Fields, it's the damn coaching! They apparently want him to go through reads and dumb stuff like that, rather than playing black sandlot football! If I was the Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, I would be salivating knowing that Fields plans on locking on one read and if it isn't open, RUN!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Just ran across this article while skimming the NFL site on a break:

Bears QB Justin Fields says coaching could be reason he's playing 'robotic'

It pretty much encapsulates everything that we've said here about black QB play. The reason for Justin Fields sucking isn't Justin Fields, it's the damn coaching! They apparently want him to go through reads and dumb stuff like that, rather than playing black sandlot football! If I was the Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, I would be salivating knowing that Fields plans on locking on one read and if it isn't open, RUN!
Hahaha, reading Field’s comments it’s clear he’s a moron. He just needs to “think less”. Well I think that’s well within his reach. It must be hilarious if you could be a fly on the wall of a meeting with the cuck coaches trying to teach this guy basic pro-style offense concepts and how to go through reads, etc. Can’t say they don’t deserve each other and I can’t help but laugh knowing these coaches are going down with the ship. At this point, they have to realize too that their employment is tied to an anchor and there is nothing they can do to change their fate.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Simplify the offenses so the AA quotas can ball out!

It's so obivous that all the rules changes are to open up the field so that they can run more like in college because most of these
guys cannot rely just on their arm or their accuracy. They put many guys that should be rb's or receiver at the qb position because
it's all about that upside. Never question the narrative.

icsept

Master
Mitch Trubisky was one of the most hated and ridiculed QBs in the NFL. He was 29-22 with the Bears. Fields is 5-22 and still has apologists supporting him.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Mitch Trubisky was one of the most hated and ridiculed QBs in the NFL. He was 29-22 with the Bears. Fields is 5-22 and still has apologists supporting him.
Fields also has 5 more turnovers than Mitch in the same amount of time. 3 percent less accurate. He does have more rushing yards .

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Bears signed QB Trace McSorley to their practice squad. I haven't closely followed his career to know whether he's gotten a raw deal or that he just hasn't made the most of his opportunities. That said, whatever happened to his time as a Raven? I always thought that was the ideal situation for him in that offense. He could step in if Lamar Jackson went down and the offense wouldn't miss a beat. I remember him being very impressive in the preseason with them a few years back. I suppose time on the Cardinals can screw up any QB, but what was this that I saw on CF about him looking bad with the Pats this preseason?

All of that aside, this might be a great place for him to re-start his career, even if it's the Bears. The offense is one tailored to his strengths, unlike the trainwreck in New England.

Tyson Bagent will be making his first start this week in place of the injured Justin Fields. Reading about Bagent’s history is quite infuriating. He led his high school to two consecutive state championships and had a 28-0 record. He was the West Virginia Gatorade Football Player of the Year, the All-USA West Virginia High School Football Offensive Player of the Year, and he won the House Award, which goes to the best hs qb in West Virginia.

Yet with that incredible resume not one D1 school offered him a scholarship and he was forced to play at a tiny d2 school called Shepard university where he went on to set numerous records and win awards.

How is it possible he didn’t get a single D1 scholarship offer? He wasn’t a lame bloomer, he was 6’3 as a high school senior. And clearly he had the talent given all of his success in college and that he’s now starting an NFL game. Out of all the qb’s in his high school class who received D1 offers what percentage of them will ever start an NFL game?

And yet he couldn’t get a scholarship to a low level D1 school near his home like Marshall, Liberty, or James Madison

Dick Butka

Tyson Bagent will be making his first start this week in place of the injured Justin Fields. Reading about Bagent’s history is quite infuriating. He led his high school to two consecutive state championships and had a 28-0 record. He was the West Virginia Gatorade Football Player of the Year, the All-USA West Virginia High School Football Offensive Player of the Year, and he won the House Award, which goes to the best hs qb in West Virginia.

Yet with that incredible resume not one D1 school offered him a scholarship and he was forced to play at a tiny d2 school called Shepard university where he went on to set numerous records and win awards.

How is it possible he didn’t get a single D1 scholarship offer? He wasn’t a lame bloomer, he was 6’3 as a high school senior. And clearly he had the talent given all of his success in college and that he’s now starting an NFL game. Out of all the qb’s in his high school class who received D1 offers what percentage of them will ever start an NFL game?

And yet he couldn’t get a scholarship to a low level D1 school near his home like Marshall, Liberty, or James Madison

When he came in, it was like night and day. Bagent is a natural QB. Every little thing he does just looks better, down to the timing and smoothness of his handoffs. He has recently bulked up and is looking good. He's a good asset to have for when Fields or Caleb get themselves injured playing sandlot ball. Nothing about Bagent, just the way he looks and plays, the feel he has for the game, says this is a guy who's meant to be a backup. He may not ever be a star, but he's pretty much a top 32 QB in the NFL because we know he's better than Fields - like all white backups in the Fields era, he posted a better winning percentage than Fields.