2011 Colorado State Rams

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected starters for the 2011 CSU Rams: 10 total

Offense
QB Pete Thomas - player to keep an eye on IMO.
FB Joe Brown
LT Paul Madsen
LG Jake Gdowski
C Weston Richburg
RG Jordan Gragert
RT Joe Capriogilio

Defense
DT John Froland
LB James Skelton
FS Austin Gray

Key reserves - WR Matt Yemm, WR T.J. Borcky, DT Zach Tiedgen

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Only 10? Something has to be wrong here. CSU has started 15, 16, 17, 15, 14 and 13 Whites since '05.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
They have been recruiting in florida

Yup I've noticed the Florida implants. That's absolute bull Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Kansas, and Nebraska are all states close regionally to CSU and those states have plenty of homegrown white talent but are ignored in favor of affletes with dreads from the "speed state".

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Same here, TwentyTwo. It is flat out sickening.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That's horrible, even NC State can put out a whiter defense than this. Heck, Baylor managed to find three whites to start on defense. This isn't just the least white CSU defensive unit I've ever seen, it has to be the least white CSU team I've ever seen. Fairchild needs to go. Period.

I hope these losers are down at the bottom of the MWC this year with New Mexico. I've been looking at the different MWC teams, and Colorado State should be one of the least white.Edited by: Jack Lambert

referendum

Mentor
I looked at who they have been recruiting and still see a fair amount of local white athletes getting recruited, so I'm hoping that this is merely a one season blip. there are certainly some ominous Florida offers going out, though I did notice one was to a white O-lineman.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They certainly aren't the team I was excited to see play in Provo in 2005.

smiley21.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
They certainly aren't the team I was excited to see play in Provo in 2005.

smiley21.gif
<div></div><div>Ah the days of Kyle Bell at RB. THat guy had a chance to be just as good as Gerhart but he had some major setbacks with injuries.</div>

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, celtic. I believe you are right about that. Sonny Lubick is starting to look better and better as these "new" Ram teams get darker and darker.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Yep, celtic. I believe you are right about that. Sonny Lubick is starting to look better and better as these "new" Ram teams get darker and darker.
<div></div><div>Yep as Colorado continues to get browner and browner with all the Mexicans.. </div>

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I reckon I'm going to have to jettison what's left of my remaining college sportswear. I thought I was safe buying a CSU hat a few years ago, but that is what I get for thinking.
smiley18.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
I reckon I'm going to have to jettison what's left of my remaining college sportswear. I thought I was safe buying a CSU hat a few years ago, but that is what I get for thinking.
smiley18.gif
Yep, sadly that's the case anymore. For me, I'm a fan on a year-to-year basis now. All it takes is a coaching change, a new owner, or enough loud and vocal DWFs to ruin the notion of being a long-term loyal fan.

Highlander

Mentor
CSU Suspends 3 Due to Rule Violations

Sophomore receiver Tony Drake, who turned heads last fall with a record-setting performance as a kickoff returner in an early season loss at Nevada, and sophomore tackle Justin Becker were declared academically ineligible and removed from the CSU football team's roster.

Neither player had participated in official team practices since they began Aug. 4 because of academic concerns, and coach Steve Fairchild said Saturday he didn't know the future plans of either player.

Fairchild also announced that he had suspended junior receiver Byron Steele, sophomore safety Ezra Thompson and redshirt freshman fullback Kivon Cartwright for a unspecified violations of team rules. All three players participated in a practice session Saturday at Hughes Stadium that lasted nearly three hours.

"I like all three guys; I think they're good kids," Fairchild said. "They violated team rules, and there's some consequences they have to suffer."

Drake, a 5-foot-8, 169-pounder from Dallas, played in 11 of the Rams' 12 games last fall and set a Mountain West Conference record for kickoff return yardage in a game with 242 yards on nine returns, a record that teammate Derek Good broke later in the year. Drake started twice and finished the year with seven carries for 85 yards and one touchdown and six pass receptions for 71 yards.

Becker, a 6-7, 280-pounder out of ThunderRidge High School in Highlands Ranch, played in four games as a reserve last fall. Both he and Drake were listed No. 2 on at their respective positions on a depth chart released just before the start of fall practices.

"Im very disappointed for them," Fairchild said. "I like both of them. I think they could have helped us this year.

"I'm sorry that it didn't' work out, but again, I don't think we can lose sight of the fact that they are student-athletes, and we take the student part of it very seriously."

Steele, a 6-3, 211-pounder from Arlington, Texas, who started two games last season and caught 20 passes for 313 yards, declined, through a school spokesman, to talk to a reporter after Saturday's practice. He and Thompson, a 6-2, 207-pounder from Tinley Park, Ill., had both been working with the second-string units during practices, while Cartwright, a 6-4, 227-pounder from Pueblo, was working with the No. 3 offense.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, the news could have been worse. Becker, the only White of the 5 players mentioned, is a backup. Those others being gone should open up doors for some White players in Fort Collins. I'd sure like to see another majority White starting team next month.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It looks like CSU will have at least 12 white starters this year.

The Gilmore brothers, Austin and Crockett, will start at FB and TE respectively, and Matt Yemm will at a WR spot.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is one positive update that I have been waiting for Jack! Thanks for posting some good news once again!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
No problem Colonel! I was waiting for this good news too! Always happy to post updates.

Highlander

Mentor
Two CSU football players arrested in connection with 'mega party'

There was a massive off-campus party near CSU yesterday and James Skelton, 21, the Rams' starting middle linebacker, and Zachary Tiedgen, 21, a backup defensive lineman, were arrested. I wish players like these would realize that when they do something like this, then it's usually a "one strike and you're out" policy. We'll see, I guess.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...tball-players-arrested-connection-mega-party-

Claimjumper

Mentor
CSU squeeked by 14-10 against a dreadful NM team that has gone 2-23 the last 2 seasons

Pete Thomas did have a great completion % going 22/26 for 178 yards and a TD

Claimjumper

Mentor
CSU just announced that they have hired Alabama's offensive coordinator Jim McElwain to replace the recently fired Steve Fairchild

Don't know much about the guy, but with his SEC connections, I bet we will see a much darker rams team in coming seasons (which was already getting darker with Fairchild)