2009 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The newest member of the FBS, WKU started 13 whites in 06', 12 in 07', and 10 in 08'. They will be a member of the Sun Belt Conference starting this year. Star LB Blake Boyd has left the team and will be tough to replace as the leader of the Hilltopper defense. Look for WRs Dustin Boyer and Blake Ayers to see playing time as well as LB L.J. Harbison.

Offense
QB Brandon Smith
WR Jake Gaebler
WR Seth Tamme-Jacob's little brother
TE Jack Doyle-in a fight for the position
LT Wes Jeffries
LG Cody Hughes
C Lloyd Pressley
RT Preston King

Defense
NT Nick Hartnett
DE Jonathan Scott
OLB Mike Gothard
SS Ryan Beard-suspended for first two games
FS Mark Santoro

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Completed!

Riddlewire

Master
I suspect it won't last. The coaches and the school will get pressured by the very caste Sun Belt to be more "inclusive". Frankly, I'm surprised at their makeup considering the afro-centricity of their basketball teams through the years.
If it sounds like I'm not giving the coach a chance to prove himself, well... Why the hell should I? Year after year we get disappointed by caste clowns who try to keep their jobs by selecting their players from the Rivals.com buffet line. It doesn't do them any good. It just makes college football less appealing to all of us. Even the whitest teams are only one "Top Ten Recruiting Class" away from turning into a thug tribe.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great post Riddlewire!
smiley32.gif
I agree.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah it's hard to trust a team from the ultra caste oriented Sun Belt Conference to stay this white. These white players were from recruiting classes back when WKU was D1-AA. I suspect their future Sun Belt Conference recruiting conferences to be very dark.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I agree, Western Kentucky is about to go down the caste hole in a season or two. Since they are in the FBS now, they have to have a recruiting class with the proper pigment like the rest of the Sun Belt.
smiley11.gif

Riddlewire

Master
WKU Names Willie Taggart New Head Football Coach

I'm exactly the kind of person who loves to say "I told you so".

Not sure if this is a positive or a negative for Stanford. I guess it depends on who was recruiting the RBs for them. If it was Taggart, then the guy must be alright on some level. However, I'm not aware of any college football program that got whiter after hiring a black head coach. It's always the other way around.