2009 North Dakota Sioux

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
UND looks to start 19 whites out of a possible 22 positions!
smiley32.gif
They have just made the transition to the FCs so they are playoff eligible until 2012. The only positions non whites start at are the twoCB spots and RB

Left Tackle - Emmett Lynch

Left guard- Keith Queoff

Center - David Koelln

Right guard - Zach Keller

Right tackle - Connor McKendry

Quarterback - Jake Landry

X receiver - Kellen Luepp,
Z receiver - Ryan Konrath

Y receiver - Noah Dombrovski
Fullback - Marcus Tibesar

DEFENSE

Outside linebacker - Jeff Tescher

Left end - Link Gottbeheat

Noseguard - Ty Boyle

Right end - Nick Nolte

Outside linebacker - Ryan Kasowski

Inside linebacker - Ryan Pollow
Inside linebacker - Paul German,

Safety - Kris Ankenbauer

Safety - Joel Schwenzfeier

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
celticdb15 said:
Right end - Nick Nolte

Still going strong ever since starring in "North Dallas 40" back in the late '70s.

080403football_dallas.jpg

White Power

Mentor
actually Don the black was suspended and the white back is now in a position to start his name is Brandon Brady he is a senior his backup is Caitlin Solum only a redshirt freshman.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know who that Brady guy is, but according to this article, there are three backswhoare the favoritesfor winning the starting tailback spot. the three early favorites are theaforementioned Catlin Solum, redshirt freshman Mitch Sutton, who is white, and black junior Steven Battle. another white redshirt freshman, Ethan Magstadt, also appears to be in the mix.

"That opens the door for guys like Catlin Solum and Steven Battle,"Â￾ (UND coach Chris) Mussman said. "I like Mitch Sutton a lot. And we think Ethan Magstadt can play tailback, too."Â￾

as an aside, it's "curious" how guys as talented as Solum and Sutton ended up at little UND. Solam, who has ideal size and speed for a tailback, was the North Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year. Sutton, who is only 5-8 but is still well put together, was the Wisconsin Gatorade Player of the Year in addition to earning just about every honor a high school player can win ... including re-writing the record book.

isn't it "odd" that two phenomenal talents like this would both end up at a lower division school? *sarcasm off*

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks guys for clearing up the RB situation for me. I wanted to do NDSU and Montana but could not find any porjected starters on the web, when the season nears ill get around to it.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

referendum

Mentor
I'm going to the North Dakota UC Davis game today. I think the winner wins the Great West conference. Hopefully Sutton has a good game. My nine year old son has been asking me about white running backs, so it will be nice for us to see one in action. I'll report back later about the game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Awesome, referendum! Should be a good game. Also, look for White RB Joe Trombetta for UC-Davis. Its great that you are spending time with your son at games that feature white players at a ton of positions. It will no doubt make some good memories for both of you. Be sure and fill us in on everything when you get back.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Have fun Ref! I'm going to my first Packer ever tomorrow at Lambeau i cant wait! Id rather watch the North Dakota vs Uc Davis anyday instead of some of these SEC games.

referendum

Mentor
It was a good game, won by the Aggies, who thereby won the Great Western Conference. The highlights were seeing two strong, powerfull white runningbacks in Sutton and Trombetta as starters. Also, Sioux QB Landry was quite the dual threat QB, running all over the place. It was impressive seeing wave after wave of white skill position players coming in and out of the game for North Dakota. Weston Dressler's little brother Ryan had a nice game, with a few catches. But he is little, web site lists him at 145 pounds though he looked bigger.
We were two rows up from the North Dakota bench, and it was awesome to see so many white players. I don't recall exactly how many white players the Aggies had, but definetly a majority, with Trombetta leading the way. Both teams did have pretty good black WR's, but at least in North Dakota's case all other wide receivers that I saw were white.
Tackling seemed pretty good, not many mistakes anywhere, not many penalties either, except for a flurry at the start of the 3rd quarter. The Aggies were constantly chasing Landry but he was scrambling and running all over the place.
All in all a fun game, and my son did enjoy seeing some strong, fast white runningbacks. He was a little more excited about the strawberry icey and the Aggies hat I bought him though.