2008 San Jose State Spartans

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely starting white Spartans for 2008. Twice as many white starters as last year, but still no white linemen.
smiley5.gif

Offense

QB Myles Eden

WR Kevin Jurovich

TE Jeff Clark

Defense

DE Jeff Schweiger

LB Travis Jones

S Andrew Ryan

patriot

Guru
Jeff Scweiger was one of the top recruits for USC. He however didn't fit into the system there I guess. I hope he has better luck with San Jose state, He is very athletic.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
This has to be the only school with no white o-linemen right??
smiley5.gif

I can't remember for sure, but it is definitely one of 3 or less that we have previewed so far.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is anyone else watching the Boise St-San Jose St game tonight?

i have been inundated throughout the broadcast by the black commentator that the black quarterback from San Jose State is an "incredibly talented," "phenomenal prospect" who has a "rocket arm" but "just needs to get confidence, because he has only started 7 games this year so far."
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

the "phenomenal prospect" in question is kyle reed, a junior. he transferred from Cal a couple of years ago but hasn't been good enough to see the field until this year. his stats from last game were 8-18 for 50 yards and 3 interceptions.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
that's right, with his "rocket arm" he managed to average 2.8 yards-per-attempt. ha!
smiley36.gif

until the last drive of the first half, against Boise State he was a poor 5-10 for 6 yards.
smiley5.gif
he did manage a couple of nice throws (and a couple of should-have-been intercepted ones) on the last drive, so at the half he is 10-17 for 58.

his white counterpart from Boise State, who "looks rusty" according to the aforementioned black commentator, is 13-21 for 151 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception.

yeah, nice call on who is the "real" talent, dude.
smiley5.gif

there have been a couple of white players from SJSU that have impressed in the first half, though. freshman wide receiver Josh Harrison has 3 catches for 17 yards to lead the team. all of those catches have been near the line of scrimmage, and he's juked and/or drug defenders each time. virtually all 17 yards have been after the catch.

senior safety Kyle Flynn has made several BIG hits and also forced a fumble by Ian Thompson on what would have been a touchdown.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i should've also mentioned the very solid linebacker from San Jose State, Travis Jones. he had a very good ball game.

also, freshman wideout Josh Harrison, who i mentioned previously, ran a 10.6-100 meters in high school, along with a 21.50-200 and a 23-feet 7.75-inch long jump. he is an exceptional athlete to keep an eye on.

it's a shame the quarterback for the Spartans is so very, very poor.

additionally, the announcers stated that Kevin Jurovich is done for the year with a bad case of mono. i knew he'd been ill, but apparently it was serious. before tonight's game, Jurovich was still second on the team in receiving yards and touchdown catches, and third in receptions. he's a very good player. perhaps he will get a medical red-shirt, since he only played in two games this year.

whiteCB

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i should've also mentioned the very solid linebacker from San Jose State, Travis Jones. he had a very good ball game.

also, freshman wideout Josh Harrison, who i mentioned previously, ran a 10.6-100 meters in high school, along with a 21.50-200 and a 23-feet 7.75-inch long jump. he is an exceptional athlete to keep an eye on.

it's a shame the quarterback for the Spartans is so very, very poor.

additionally, the announcers stated that Kevin Jurovich is done for the year with a bad case of mono. i knew he'd been ill, but apparently it was serious. before tonight's game, Jurovich was still second on the team in receiving yards and touchdown catches, and third in receptions. he's a very good player. perhaps he will get a medical red-shirt, since he only played in two games this year.

Jurovich should be able to get a medical redshirt. As long as a player does not play in over 4 games they are qualified. Also at least its mono he has (I know still not good to get though) and not a bone break or cartilage tear; you know something that would hamper his future athletic abilities a la Kyle Bell.
smiley5.gif