2007 Virginia Tech Hokies

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the whites likely to start for Frank Beamer this year.

Offense
QB Sean Glennon
FB Carlton Weatherford
RT Ed Wang
C Ryan Shuman

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, i've seen it too, linked by draftdaddy... Virginia Tech Blackies and their fans are as caste as it gets.

cslewis1

Guru
was great to see them go down. I live in Hokie country and I hold my tongue when I criticize them. Weird, around here are the most conservative, "redneck" types - best people in the world. Yet, even they don't see the light. But the big problem is more the college educated, white collar folks, the bankers, lawyers et at, who really are the caste worshipers. If VA tech doesn't start a black QB, they'll scream bloody murder

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - Star running back Branden Ore will not play for Virginia Tech next year, a decision reached after meetings with coach Frank Beamer.

Ore would have been a redshirt senior. On his Facebook profile he said he was "making life decisions right now."

"We have decided that it would be best for Branden to pursue other opportunities," Beamer said in a statement Wednesday. "Branden has had many great moments here at Virginia Tech, and we wish him well."

Beamer said he would have no further comment. Sports information officials did not immediately return a phone message left by The Associated Press. An e-mail message left for Ore was not immediately returned, either.

In January, a federal jury convicted one of Ore's friends of possessing crack cocaine with intent to distribute. Prosecutors subpoenaed Ore, who was riding in a car with Tony Majette of Christiansburg in June 2006 when police stopped them and found two bags of drugs in the car. Ore was not charged.

Ore led the Hokies in rushing with 992 yards and 10 touchdowns. He was an all-Atlantic Coast Conference pick as a sophomore in 2006, rushing for 1,137 yards and 16 touchdowns.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7931340/Ore-will-not-play -for-Hokies-in-2008?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8151174/VT-recruit-Peter- Rose-arrested-on-drug-charges?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]
Rose is black

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) - A Virginia Tech football recruit who led Amherst High School to consecutive Group AA state championships and was voted The Associated Press Virginia player of the year is facing felony drug charges.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

Peter Rose, the first-team quarterback and AP Group AA player of the year for 2007, was charged along with six other students after what police said was an undercover operation at the school over the past 10 months.

The 18-year-old Rose is charged with two counts of distribution of marijuana and two counts of distribution of drugs within 1,000 feet of a school.

The Amherst County Sheriff's Office says that during the course of the investigation, 18 purchases of drugs were made from students, including seven that were made within 1,000 feet of school property.

Rose and Jody Vaughn Ramsey, also 18, who is charged with distribution of marijuana, were being held at the Amherst County Jail.

The names of the five juveniles charged were not released.