2007 Texas Tech Red Raiders

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
The Red Raiders run a spread offense with 4 wideouts, one back, and no tight ends. They really air the ball out, and it looks like white athletes will be catching most of the balls. On defense the outlook is pretty dark, though.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Offense:<O:p></O:p>
QB Graham Harrell<O:p></O:p>
H receiver Danny Amendola - the team's leading returning pass catcher and punt returner<O:p></O:p>
Y receiver Grant Walker<O:p></O:p>
X receiver Todd Walker - the fastest player on the team, running a reported 4.28 40 and having a personal best of 10.6 in the 100 meters<O:p></O:p>
C Shawn Byrnes<O:p></O:p>
RG Brandon Carter<O:p></O:p>
RT Rylan Reed<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Defense:<O:p></O:p>
LE Jake Ratliffe - the best returning defensive lineman
WLB Chad HillEdited by: Jimmy Chitwood

devans

Mentor
Two white starting wide receivers is great news

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
devans,

they will likely have 3 starting white wide receivers: the Walker brothers Grant and Todd, and Danny Amendola.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Updated starters list for Texas Tech.

Offense
QB Graham Harrell
WR Danny Amendola
LT Rylan Reed
LG Louis Vasquez
C Shawn Byrnes
RG Brandon Carter
RT Jake Johnson

Defense
DE Jake Ratliff
NT Clint Stoffels
WLB Chad Hill

WR Grant Walker is also seeing action.

C Darwin

Mentor
Danny Amendola is currently 12th in the nation with 250 receiving yards before week three.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Something I found early this week that caught my eye. The title to this article about TE Adam James is sort of strange, because it seems like any kid who has a good college player for a father would be able to get advice from him on how to improve. I don't see how Craig James being his father has given him a leg up in any way but this. My point is the title makes no sense after reading the article.

http://www.redraiders.com/stories/032707/foo_032707010.shtml

Here's Adam's bio for those who want to read it.

[url]http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_adam00.h tml[/url]

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
WHo is this morris kid? #12 he had td and a couple of nice receptions.

SteveB

Mentor
TheEnglishman said:
I wonder if Wes Welker is reason that Texas Tech give speedy whites a chance flourish?

No. Up until recently, Tech was almost all white. The school is located in West Texas where the population is mostly white that work in the agriculture or oil business. Much like many other Great Plains schools (ie Nebraska), Tech has recently focused more effort to recruiting the Houston and Dallas areas for black players.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
WHo is this morris kid?  #12 he had td and a couple of nice receptions.

Eric Morris is a small Junior WR 5-8 175 who has been used quite a bit this year. I noticed him early on this season when watching for Danny Amendola. Statswise, he's third in receiving yardage and second on the team in TDs with 9. Eric is very shifty and has great hands. He will continue to be a huge weapon for TT.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks Colonel Reb i was watching the highlights form last night and was impressed

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech Center arrested

HAMBY,%20STEPHEN.JPG

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Texas Tech center Stephen Hamby faces an aggravated assault charge for allegedly punching a man in the face twice in March.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

Hamby, indicted by a grand jury Tuesday, is accused of punching the man during an altercation near campus. The victim suffered a fractured jaw and was treated at a Lubbock hospital, police said.

Hamby fled the scene, according to a police report.

Hamby, a 6-foot-3, 287-pound junior from San Antonio, walked on at Texas Tech and rose steadily on the depth chart before starting for the first time last season.

Hamby's attorney, Tom Pitts, declined to comment Wednesday.

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach said in Wednesday's edition of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that he knew of Hamby's altercation and had not decided whether to discipline him.

"His status is we'll see what the facts are and then address it based on the facts," Leach said. "We're not going to jump to any conclusions."

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8163594/Texas-Tech-center -indicted-in-assault[/url]