2007 NFL Draft Positional Breakdown

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here is a breakdown of all the white players I believe will be drafted this year. Its the players most of us are familiar with, my draft projection is not supposed to be indicative of their talent but of where they will actually be drafted. I hope this helps everyone out in the weeks leading up to the draft when following these prospects.

OFFENSE
QB
Brady Quinn -1st
Drew Stanton - Mid 2nd
Kevin Kolb - 3rd
Trent Edwards 3rd
John Beck - 4th
Tyler Palko - 4th
Jordan Palmer - 5th
Jeff Rowe - 7th

RB
Brian Leonard - 2nd

WR
Anthony Gonzalez - 2nd
David Ball - 5th

TE (Probably the whitest offensive position this year)
Greg Olsen - 1st
Zach Miller - 2nd
Scott Chandler - 3rd
Matt Spaeth - 3rd
Joe Newton - 4th
Kevin Boss - 4th
Michael Allan - 4th
Clark Harris - 5th
Matt Herian - 7th

OG
Marshal Yanda - 2nd
Andy Alleman - 2nd
Dan Stanucci - 5th
Kasey Studdard - 6th
Mike Jones - 6th

C
Ryan Kalil - 2nd
Doug Datish (G/T/C) - 4TH
Kyle Young - 6th

OT
Joe Thomas - 1st
Joe Staley - 1st
James Marten - 2nd (plays with a very mean streak)
Doug Free - 3rd
Allen Babre - 3rd
Adam Koets - 4th
Mike Otto - 6th
Chris Denman - 7th

DEFENSE
DE
Adam Carriker - 1st (best d-line man in draft)
Dan Bazuin - 3rd
Brian Robison - 3rd
Jay Moore - 4th
Chase Pittman - 6th

DT
Quinn Pittcock - 2nd
Derek Landri - 5th

OLB
Paul Pozlusny - 1st (can play OLB or MLB)
Stewart Bradley - 2nd
Tim Shaw - 3rd
Dallas Sartz - 4th (Rising prospect)

MLB
Zak DeOssie - 3rd
Jon Abbatte - 4th

CB
Eric Weddle - 2nd
smiley32.gif

S
John Wendling - 2nd
Sabby Pisticelli - 3rd
Zach Cantanese - 5th
Craig Dahl - 6th

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That looks realistic given how the Caste System operates.To me the biggest positives about this Draftare the larger than usual number ofpotential white stars on defense (eleven projected to go in the first three rounds), and thewhite dominationoftight end prospects. The wildcards are Leonard and Weddle and if they're used (wasted) by the NFL in traditional Caste System style, or actually given a real chance to play the positions they're best suited for.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Weddle and Leonard are my 2 favorite guys coming out this year for a few reasons...they are both great athletes shunned by the MSM and moronic fans and they have a chance to make a little noise if they are able to get a fair shot at playing. I have complete confidence in both these guys that they will be great players if given the chance. Also if Leonard and Weddle do well in the NFL as rookies, next year guys like Jacob Hester and Adam Shada might not be as shunned upon.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
for me, the guy I wish him success is David Ball....This WR can be a great receiver..just give him a damn chance..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I also think Chad Schroeder might be a guy Martz is looking at, he fits the mold of the WR Martz likes in his offense.

jared

Mentor
I think your rankings are pretty realistic. I think Jared Zabransky and Johnny Harline also stand good chances of being drafted. Will Herring SHOULD be drafted but I have a feeling he's like this year's version of Spencer Havner.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
OLB
Paul Pozlusny - 1st (can play OLB or MLB)
Stewart Bradley - 2nd
Tim Shaw - 3rd
Dallas Sartz - 4th (Rising prospect)

Thanks, for the research.
Speaking of Tim Shaw next year's version of him is Brian Toal, another freakishly athletic OLB that was an outstanding H.S runner. Toal rushed for 1,250 yards and 24 total touchdowns as a FB for Don Bosco Prep the top football team in the state of NJ. The only difference; Toal is a projected "1st rounder" at OLB next year.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

guest301

Hall of Famer
Herring and Zabransky have to be drafted. Not to many more productive players than those two these last couple of years. They are both athletic enough to more than get the job done in the NFL. Just unfortunately cursed with white skin.
smiley2.gif

devans

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
To me the biggest positives about this Draftare the larger than usual number ofpotential white stars on defense (eleven projected to go in the first three rounds), and thewhite dominationoftight end prospects.

Gil Brandt has an explanation for the tight end situation."It's theleanest crop of tight ends we have had in the past 10 drafts".

By Gil Brandt
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(April 20, 2007) -- This year might be the leanest crop of tight ends we have had in the past 10 drafts. When you ask the question, "Why?", no one seems to have an answer for the lack of talent at this position this year.

The tight end position has basically replaced the fullback, or at least the fullback's role in the offense.

Because there is no fullback, the tight end is called upon to block -- be it from the fullback's spot in the formation or from the line of scrimmage. But also like a fullback, the tight end needs to be able to make those clutch third-down receptions to keep the chains moving. And don't even think twice about a team's red-zone offense -- tight ends are really relied upon to help put points on the board. During the 2006 season, five tight ends (Antonio Gates, SD; Alge Crumpler, ATL; Jeremy Shockey, NYG; Todd Heap, BAL; and Chris Cooley, WAS) scored 36 touchdowns between them -- most of which came from play-action passes in the red zone. In 2005, Mike Vrabel (Patriots) had two touchdowns and just 3 receiving yards.

<DIV =SLTables1>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="45%" align=right>
<T>
<TR =bg0 align=middle>
<TD =bg0font></TD></TR>
<TR =bg2>
<TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

But a key factor in why tight ends are in demand is because they can disrupt the very popular defensive scheme known as the "Tampa" Cover 2. In that defensive formation, the middle linebacker gets a lot of depth, so coaches want to find a way to attack that by throwing to the tight end in that intermediate area. The result usually will cause a mismatch, as a tight end with great hands (Gonzalez or Gates) and great speed (New England's Ben Watson) can outrun a linebacker with lesser speed. Now that teams realize this strategy, it makes the demand for tight ends much higher.

Triad

Mentor
devans said:
(April 20, 2007) -- This year might be the leanest crop of tight ends we have had in the past 10 drafts. When you ask the question, "Why?", no one seems to have an answer for the lack of talent at this position this year.
Because there is no fullback, the tight end is called upon to block -- be it from the fullback's spot in the formation or from the line of scrimmage. But also like a fullback, the tight end needs to be able to make those clutch third-down receptions to keep the chains moving.
... or play slot and lead your team in playoff receiving on the way to the Super Bowl. Edited by: Triad

devans

Mentor
Just to make it clear. I don't agree with Branndt. Its just an example of the same old stuff thats rolled out whenever a draft has more than the usual number of White prospects at one position.