2007 Illinois Fighting Illini

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for Ron Zook in 2007.

Offense
WR Kyle Hudson-leader in receiving yardage in 2006
LG Martin O'Donnell
C Ryan McDonald

Defense
DT David Lindquist
DT Chris Norwell
DE Doug Pilcher
LB Brit Miller
LB J Leman-2006 tackles leader

Overall, 3 less white starters than last season, but Illinois' punter and kicker are both white this year. They experimented with a black punter at the beginning of 2006 with less than desirable results.
smiley4.gif

whiteCB

Master
J Leman is one of the best LBs in the country. He singlehandedly kept Illinois in the game vs. Ohio St. He was a beast that was all over the field making tackles everywhere(like 20 for the game). A solid pro prosopect.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Too bad Zooks recruits seem to be coal black. Juice Williams is also very overrated, I watched some big 10 games last year and they just wouldnt shut up about his athleticism and potential.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
Too bad Zooks recruits seem to be coal black. Juice Williams is also very overrated, I watched some big 10 games last year and they just wouldnt shut up about his athleticism and potential.

There's a special "look" that sportwriters like about certain black football players. I've noticed it over the years about particular recruits at Michigan. Every once in a while a black kid comes along and they just gush over him. The guy hasn't even played a down yet and he is annointed the chosen one. Nearly ever guy recruited as an "athlete" is black and they all come in as blue chip prospects but the media just picks one out of the group and literally "falls in love with him". (Maybe it's his "smile"....naw they all got that
smiley36.gif
)

The "look" may be different in other areas but I'm sure the media reacts in the same way. The predictions are self fullfilling as the over whelming positive media ensures that the player will get many opportunites to play and usually no matter how much of a bust they are since somebody has to carry the ball, they get a few yards, and so criticism can then be directed at the o-line or coaching or someone else (that's usually white!).

When the kid really is a bust they just toss him aside and direct their man-love towards the next black guy with the "look".

Steve Breaston was the most recent guy at Michigan and it seemed to be the same with Ted Ginn at OSU. I bet everybody could name a similar situation at their local U.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Breaston was given that non-stop gushing treatment even while in high school here in the Pittsburgh area.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
illinois' football team is yet another GLARING example of the caste system worshipping the black afalete regardless of the facts. check out the following "analysis" by Fox Sports of who their key contributors will be.

it is interesting that sophomore quarterback isiah "juice" williams, despite being an abysmal failure last year, is expected to still be their second best player despite the overwhelming deficiencies in his game:
Projected Starter: He couldn't hit the ocean if he was thrown out of the boat, he was an inconsistent runner who took way too many sacks, and he appeared lost at times as a true freshman, but Isiah "Juice" Williams is one of the Big Ten's rising stars and one of the nation's most dangerous all-around threats. Yeah, he completed a mere 39.5% of his passes and threw one touchdown pass in the final five games, but he has the arm to bomb away and utilize all his deep weapons. Yeah, he ran mostly because he didn't know what he was doing. but he tore off 576 yards, the most ever for an Illinois quarterback in a season. While he appears to be more in command of the offense, and he has his star receiver in freshman Arrelious Benn, consistency will be the key throughout the year.

read that again! THIS is supposed to be a "rising star" at quarterback? "one of the nation's most dangerous all-around threats? WTF?!?

"He couldn't hit the ocean if he was thrown out of the boat, he was an inconsistent runner who took way too many sacks... Yeah, he completed a mere 39.5% of his passes and threw one touchdown pass in the final five games, but he has the arm to bomb away... Yeah, he ran mostly because he didn't know what he was doing. but he tore off 576 yards..."

i mean seriously! what the hell is going on here?
smiley5.gif
i guess his "playmaking" is worth all the horrible things he does to your team. too bad he makes more plays for the other team than he does for his own.
smiley36.gif

meanwhile the team's top receiver the past two years,despite the fact hisnumbers took a huge dive last year as a sophomore with "juice" leaking everywhere, is portrayed as not very good because he's skinny...
Last year's leading receiver, junior Kyle Hudson, is back after catching 30 passes for 403 yards and three touchdowns. While serviceable, he's only 165-pounds and has yet to consistently show off his warp speed as a deep threat. He'll make big plays here and there; just not enough of them.

of course there is more to it than just his slender build. Hudson is of course a white receiver.

this overwhelms the fact that as a TRUE freshman in '05 he was the leading receiver. he has been timed at a 4.40 in the 40, but somehow his "warp speed" is construed as a negative because his suck ass quarterback can't get him the ball. also, Hudson who is 5-11, won the state high jump title as a junior in high school... when he cleared 6-10!!!
smiley3.gif
smiley32.gif
all that talent, despite the fact that he's somehow not athletic.
smiley2.gif

Hudson is already being considered for the scrap heapin favor ofthe other members of illinois' receiving core who are all less talented, much less productive, but possess the always-vital black skin of a "real" afalete.

"superstar recruit" Arrelious Benn has already been deemed the "go-to" guy despite having done absolutely nothing. Chris Jamescould "excel as both a deep threat and a inside receiver" despite catching all of 5 balls last year. sophomore Joe Morgan, who only caught 2 balls last year and is slower than Hudson, is "too fast and has too much upside to not see more action."
smiley5.gif

this kind of total bullcrap makesmewant to hit somebody.

voice

Guru
Jimmy Chitwood said:
illinois' football team is yet another GLARING example of the caste system worshipping the black afalete regardless of the facts. check out the following "analysis" by Fox Sports of who their key contributors will be.

it is interesting that sophomore quarterback isiah "juice" williams, despite being an abysmal failure last year, is expected to still be their second best player despite the overwhelming deficiencies in his game:
Projected Starter: He couldn't hit the ocean if he was thrown out of the boat, he was an inconsistent runner who took way too many sacks, and he appeared lost at times as a true freshman, but Isiah "Juice" Williams is one of the Big Ten's rising stars and one of the nation's most dangerous all-around threats. Yeah, he completed a mere 39.5% of his passes and threw one touchdown pass in the final five games, but he has the arm to bomb away and utilize all his deep weapons. Yeah, he ran mostly because he didn't know what he was doing. but he tore off 576 yards, the most ever for an Illinois quarterback in a season. While he appears to be more in command of the offense, and he has his star receiver in freshman Arrelious Benn, consistency will be the key throughout the year.

read that again! THIS is supposed to be a "rising star" at quarterback? "one of the nation's most dangerous all-around threats? WTF?!?

"He couldn't hit the ocean if he was thrown out of the boat, he was an inconsistent runner who took way too many sacks... Yeah, he completed a mere 39.5% of his passes and threw one touchdown pass in the final five games, but he has the arm to bomb away... Yeah, he ran mostly because he didn't know what he was doing. but he tore off 576 yards..."

i mean seriously! what the hell is going on here?
smiley5.gif
 i guess his "playmaking" is worth all the horrible things he does to your team. too bad he makes more plays for the other team than he does for his own.
smiley36.gif

meanwhile the team's top receiver the past two years, despite the fact his numbers took a huge dive last year as a sophomore with "juice" leaking everywhere, is portrayed as not very good because he's skinny...
Last year's leading receiver, junior Kyle Hudson, is back after catching 30 passes for 403 yards and three touchdowns. While serviceable, he's only 165-pounds and has yet to consistently show off his warp speed as a deep threat. He'll make big plays here and there; just not enough of them.

of course there is more to it than just his slender build. Hudson is of course a white receiver.

this overwhelms the fact that as a TRUE freshman in '05 he was the leading receiver. he has been timed at a 4.40 in the 40, but somehow his "warp speed" is construed as a negative because his suck ass quarterback can't get him the ball. also, Hudson who is 5-11, won the state high jump title as a junior in high school... when he cleared 6-10!!!
smiley3.gif

smiley32.gif
 all that talent, despite the fact that he's somehow not athletic.
smiley2.gif

Hudson is already being considered for the scrap heap in favor of the other members of illinois' receiving core who are all less talented, much less productive, but possess the always-vital black skin of a "real" afalete.

"superstar recruit" Arrelious Benn has already been deemed the "go-to" guy despite having done absolutely nothing. Chris James could "excel as both a deep threat and a inside receiver" despite catching all of 5 balls last year. sophomore Joe Morgan, who only caught 2 balls last year and is slower than Hudson, is "too fast and has too much upside to not see more action."
smiley5.gif

this kind of total bullcrap makes me want to hit somebody.

Holy Sh$t...that is an all time classic Jimmy.There should be a caste football quote hall of fame or segment of the website where these BS comments can be referred to on a regular basis to quickly bring the PC brigade up to speed.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the media is doing it again... trying to make a scatter-shot throwing, dumbass black quarterback into a god. "juice" williams answers 20 questions in this "article." i'll highlight a few interesting nuggets, and you can read it all if you click the following link. (courtesy of DraftDaddy)

Williams finished the season 103-of-261 passing for 1,489 yards and nine touchdowns. He is entering this season ranked the best running quarterback in the Big Ten Conference by Street N' Smith and one of the Top 5 Quarterbacks on the Rise by The Sporting News.
wow! quite a good passer he is.
smiley5.gif
3. Last year at Camp Rantoul, as a freshman, you said you cried after the third day. Who was crying this year?

[Laughs] Yeah, I cried. But I haven't seen anyone cry this year. Last year it was a tight squeeze for me, you know? It was a lot all at once, but this year is a lot easier for me. I'm more relaxed because I'm out here just having fun. I can sit back and interpret everything that's going on.
it must be difficult speaking a new language... i love it when dumbasses try to use big words and screw it up. too bad ebonics isn't the primary dialect.
5. You grew up with seven kids in the family. Was that where you got so speedy, racing to be the first to the dinner table and stuff like that?

Well, we weren't all in the same house...
smiley36.gif
that is PRICELESS!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
9. You made Illinois history as the first quarterback to throw two touchdown passes for more than 65 yards in a single game last season. What kind of confidence boost was that?
seriously?! is this some kind of standard that is regularly held up as a measure of success? could they come up with a more obscure "record" to make thiswaste of spaceseem like a talented phenom? i mean, why stop there? why not say, "you were the first quarterback to throw a complete pass at 5:30 in the afternoon on Friday, September 25, 2007... how amazing was it to get THAT record?"
smiley5.gif
14. When O.J. Simpson played, people would say things like "The juice is loose!" Do fans or teammates have similar slogans for you?

I have heard a bunch of them. People say things like "Illinois got Juice" or "I got juice." It's funny some of the things people will say.
yeah. sounds REAL hilarious. those "clever" phrases areabout as funny as a sack full of dead babies.
smiley36.gif

here's the full "article" for your viewing pleasure. juice williams, coming to a collge game near you, and stinking it up. [url]http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2007/08/19/sports/20_questi ons/doc46c815f0f3ad7434369618.txt [/url]

whiteCB

Master
The media's #1 goal now is to make "Juice" the next Mike Vick since we won't be seeing him on the field till 2009. I thought the unwarrented praise for Juice was bad last year but I've got a feeling things are about to get a lot worse. It sucks being a follower of the Big 10 and always having to hear about this unproven "raw" QB who hasn't done a dam thing.
smiley11.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
from scout.com. lots of praise for J Leman, but of course with a mandatory caste twist:
"He's not the best athlete, but he plays with great passion. He's a determined player who's instinctive and has excellent awareness"
smiley18.gif

"I wonder why Illinois star linebacker J. Leman doesn't get more publicity? All he does is make plays. He's not the best athlete, but he plays with great passion. He's a determined player who's instinctive and has excellent awareness. He's not going to stand out going sideline-to-sideline, but he has great lateral movement and positions himself well to make plays. Through five games, the Fighting Illini linebacker has 59 total tackles (five for a loss), 1.5 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble. In his team's upset victory over Penn State on Saturday, Leman collected 10 tackles and an interception"

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i recorded the Illinois-Iowa game so i could watch it later, and "juice" williams looked atrocious whenever he tried to throw the ball.
smiley36.gif
they keep hyping this guy like he is a "big-time, explosive playmaker" but he can barely hit the ground if he drops the ball.
smiley36.gif

and the white men on Iowa's defense made him look even worse whenever the "juice" tried to get loose in the running game.
smiley32.gif

the white linebacking duo of J Leman and Britt Miller looked very, very good for the the Illini, though. as did several white defensive linemen that were on the field a lot.

is it just me, or is the media's attempt to make Ron Zook into a great coach laughable? in the game, they went on and on about Zook being THE best recruiter in college football...
smiley5.gif

whiteCB

Master
Ron Zook goes out and recruits a "raw" athlete playing QB named Juice Williams and all of sudden he's the best recruiter in the land. This crap the media tries to portray is pretty funny if not insane.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Juice was horrible against Michigan, he is an atrocious passer. It was so bad they brought in the second string guy, McGee, another black afalete, he was even worse. Zook has recruited an almost completely black team and it stinks. Must think he's still in the SEC.

BTW Michigan is almost as bad other then the QB and the o-line it was a caste-horrific game.

Oh yeah, Illinois has Leman and UM plays one white on defense, Will Johnson at DE.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle Hudson was drafted in the 4th round by the Orioles and looks to be favoring a pro baseball career over football according to this article linked by Draft Daddy. Note that the article calls him the fastest player in college baseball, yet he would most likely never have a shot at the NFL as a receiver due to being white. In fact, this article says that his playing time this season, if he returns to the Illini, "would most likely see a significant decrease in playing time due to the progression of Arrelious Benn and Jeff Cumberland, and a recent influx of recruits at the same position." This in spite of Hudson's speed and his proven record of leading Illinois in receiving in two different seasons.

It's easy to understand why Hudson would choose baseball over football, just as Jeff Samardzija did. In addition to the iron laws of the Caste System, how many other potentially great white football players have chosennot to pursue the sportbeyond high school because of how the odds are stacked against them?

[url]http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/166644 9/[/url]

Way too many. Given Benn looked good WR last year and appears (so far at least) to be the real deal but Hudson was doing the same things as Benn was and had a bit more quickness. As for Cumberland, he still has some work to do to be as polished as Hudson. I know for a fact that Zook is trying VERY hard to recruit in the inner city of the St. Louis metro area. He is trying to get 2 WR's from East St. Louis High by offering them scholarships. Nothing wrong with recruiting your immediate area but there are some great white WR's in St. Louis too. Be fair Zook.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

whiteCB

Master
mrjohnnynofear said:
Way too many. Given Benn looked good WR last year and appears (so far at least) to be the real deal but Hudson was doing the same things as Benn was and had a bit more quickness. As for Cumberland, he still has some work to do to be as polished as Hudson. I know for a fact that Zook is trying VERY hard to recruit in the inner city of the St. Louis metro area. He is trying to get 2 WR's from East St. Louis High by offering them scholarships. Nothing wrong with recruiting your immediate area but there are some great white WR's in St. Louis too. Be fair Zook.
smiley5.gif

That's the problem these coaches are not fair. They'll go into the inner city ghettos but going out into rural/farm country is strictly forbidden.