2006 Auburn Tigers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the starting white Tigers for 2006.

Offense
QB-Brandon Cox
TE-Tommy Trott
C-Joe Cope

Defense
NG-Josh Thompson
WLB-Will Herring

3rd TB Tre Smith will get a few carries and passes thrown his way this year. WR Lee Guess will see some action. TE Cole Bennett splits time as well. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Auburn won in a classic defensive struggle over LSU. The biggest part of that defense today included Will Herring and Josh Thompson. Will had 6 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and 1 QB hurry. Josh had 5 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 hurry. These two men lead the Auburn defensive team in a historic shut down of a powerful LSU team. These guys deserve a lot of credit.
smiley32.gif

Here is Josh Thompson getting one of his five.
d592fd1b-9b95-4b06-be87-807c38079925.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Auburn avoided an upset tonight by using their white receivers like they haven't thusfar in the season. RB Tre Smith had a 7 yard catch and a nice run that was called back thanks to a hold. Brandon Cox's friend Lee Guess had a crucial 12 yard catch in the 4th. The big story of the night though was Tommy Trott, who lead the team in receptions with 3 for 31 yards and a TD!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Update of starters. They are playing Arkansas right now.

cslewis1

Guru
great to see auburn spanked. Of course, this will just "prove" how great the SEC is as a conference. Never mind Tennesse beating AF by a point and Georgia sneaking by a horrible Colorado team, or WVU spanking Miss State.
Just listened to the talk show guys this morning, saying they felt WVU is overrated.
Need a freakin' PLAYOFF! Let's prove this on the field. If the SEC is so good, then with a playoff they'll prove it and win year after year and the Big Ten will do nothing. Let's see it once and for all. I will go insane if in my life there is no college playoff. I can't think of anything more frustrating.

I completely agree cslewis, I can't stand how everyone says the SEC is the greatest. Ya, the SEC certainly has the greatest football teams in the nation when the highly touted undefeated number TWO team in the ENTIRE NATION gets beat by an UNRANKED team that lost to USC 50-14 to start the year! Not to mention the fact that Arkansas started a FRESHMAN QB!

As far as Georgia and Tennessee go, I find it funny that Georgia's supposedly great defense gave up 51 points to a team that, as mentioned, beat Air Force by only 1 point.

cslewis1

Guru
Indeed. The "vaunted" GA Defense. They're too quick for anyone to move the ball! Notice my sarcasm.

Listened to some idiot on ESPN Radio today, literally say that TN should be rated higher because of how TN crushed CAL. Then he went on to say that Yes SC did crush Arkansas but "that was a different Arkansas team than we have now."
Well how 'bout the fact it was a "different" Cal team too! It was the opener for both and if I am not mistaken SC took it to arkansas at arkansas.
Man, these guys literally are up the butts of the SEC. It's almost as bad as watching the political shows on Sunday morning, I literally want to drop an Anvil on my head.