Will Kuhn move up?

backrow

Hall of Famer
huh, i would love for him to, but Staley was not even used this season...

also even though Michael Clayton from Bucs went to IR they signed Mark Jones instead of signing Chas Gessner from their practice squad... at least they signed FB Jon Goldsberry to the squad as well...

backrow

Hall of Famer
ha, what do you know, he got the very last carry (singleback) of the game that went for... 16 yards! he displayed good speed and broke several tackles on that run! i want to see more of him... if it wasn't for Davenport he would be spelling Parker.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's funny , I was watching the game with my pops and
friends and the first thing out of one of their mouths was.
"Was that RB white"? Shows just how
shocking the notion is of a white guy even getting
one carry!

lumsdenpower

Mentor
How can i see his run
smiley19.gif
I miss it..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Collinsworth said something to the effect of, "They're letting everyone run tonight."

The only way Kuhn will play other than at the end of blowouts is if Najeh Davenport gets hurt, and even then Cowher will probably bring in a "real" running back and leave Kuhn as the third string tailback (he's also the backup to FB Dan Kreider).

Cowher "allowed" another record setting college running back from Western Pennsylvania, R. J. Bowers, to run the ball late in a game against Cleveland in '01. Bowers had 11 carries for 67 yards and a 21 yard TD run, then never touched the ball again for the Steelers before he was released. It'll be a huge upset if Kuhn's career path in the NFL is any different.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Collinsworth said something to the effect of, "They're letting everyone run tonight."

The only way Kuhn will play other than at the end of blowouts is if Najeh Davenport gets hurt, and even then Cowher will probably bring in a "real" running back and leave Kuhn as the third string tailback (he's also the backup to FB Dan Kreider).

Cowher "allowed" another record setting college running back from Western Pennsylvania, R. J. Bowers, to run the ball late in a game against Cleveland in '01. Bowers had 11 carries for 67 yards and a 21 yard TD run, then never touched the ball again for the Steelers before he was released. It'll be a huge upset if Kuhn's career path in the NFL is any different.
Bowers had potential to be an Alstott clone, he definately had more in him then practice squad fodder.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Steelers just signed Najeh "Pooper" Davenport to a contract extension. Haynes will be re-signed if he'll renegotiate his contract downward (and no other team signs him). It'll be a shocker if Kuhn remains anything other than a backup fullback and emergency tailback who gets a carry or two at the end of blowouts. That is, if he even makes the roster again under the new Tomlin regime.

white tornado

Mentor
Najeh "molases" Davenport has to be the slowest runing backs in the leage.